+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Cottiers is lovely although the bar queue can be horrific when it’s busy. I’d get tanked up before you go
    Aye, Cottiers is an ace venue. Dexys kicked off their 2012 try-oot-the-new-album tour there in May 2012*, and I saw Terry Slesser's Paul Kossoff tribute there just 54 weeks ago. Good grub too.

I keep hearing the name Chuck Prophet, but apart from a song that I sometimes have to play when I dep with my mate's country band, I am woefully ignorant of his output**.

*Proper Mannies' Dexys fans followed them to Whitley Bay the night after and Shepherd's Bush O2 the night after that.

**And a heap of other things, like the merits of three at the back, and the need for drummers to play quarter beats on closed un-miked hi-hats with their right stick when hitting the off-beat on the snare with their left. Strange breed.

Cottiers is lovely although the bar queue can be horrific when it’s busy. I’d get tanked up before you go
    Shall.

Or you can always pop across the road to The Rock.

I'm a Johnny come lately to Chuck Prophet, it's primarily Mr Malin who's taking me along.
    I've checked CP's solo stuff a wee bit in the run up and I'm liking what I've heard (hinna checked any Green on Red though, his solo gear only).

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Aye, Cottiers is an ace venue.
    That’s where Aiden Moffat called me a fanny over the mic at an Arab Strap gig. Luckily they were recording their live album at the time, so I made it on. Malky Middleton later referred to it as their ‘Springs****/Cox’ moment

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'm a Johnny come lately to Chuck Prophet...

I've checked CP's solo stuff a wee bit in the run up and I'm liking what I've heard (hinna checked any Green on Red though, his solo gear only).
    I have a goodly number of Green On Red vinyl records, but never made the connection, since the names of Green On Red members are unknown to me.

I know his solo song Ford Econoline
    https://youtu.be/-74x_TtW6tY
    because that’s in the dep band’s set.

At a hurriedly-arranged song run-through the night before a gig with them, I turned up, having assumed that it was the Nanci Griffith song of the same name,
    https://youtu.be/0OBSo3G8LCg
    which I’m happy to busk my way through. Could have been dodgy on the night of the show, like.

That’s where Aiden Moffat called me a fanny over the mic at an Arab Strap gig. Luckily they were recording their live album at the time, so I made it on. Malky Middleton later referred to it as their ‘Springs****/Cox’ moment
    Do you know Malcolm? My folks are best friends with his old man. They don't get on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Do you know Malcolm? My folks are best friends with his old man. They don't get on though.
    Nah, not at all. It was a twitter exchange when someone brought up the ‘C*nted Circus’

Nah, not at all. It was a twitter exchange when someone brought up the ‘C*nted Circus’
    Aiden Moffat thought that I was stalking him when I took a pic of him speaking to somebody on Cathcart Road to send to my mate when I was on my way to a Queens Park game. I showed it to him at one of his gigs and he said, "Oh I hivenae worn that jacket for years, hey wait a minute, that's ootside ma flat"..turned out that I happened to spot him when he was nipping across the road to the newsagents..

I had a pee next to him in the 13th Note. Didn’t seem the best of places to strike up a conversation. Also had a pee next to Dougie Donnelly on the Ardrossan ferry. Top that

Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast