+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Steve Earle, Perth 26th July.
    Never had a bona fide night oot in Perth (pre fitba beers is the limit) so looking forrit to it. It's part of some festival type affair so there mght be some late, post gig events on the go also.
    Southern Fried Festival.

I’ve only ever travelled to it for specific gigs (Lucinda Williams, The Holmes Brothers/Carolina Chocolate Drops, Lyle Lovett) but some of the radges take up residence for the entire weekend. I believe there’s a boy sells DIY liver transplant kits at the railway station on the Monday morning.

Very tempting line-up this year, but it’s just at the wrong time for me.

Aye, one night only for me. The night of the Earle gig there's a later gig on, band called "Whisky Shivers" who I know nothing of but will check out with a view to mebbes seeing.

That's the Coves. Could be worse ways to imbibe a few post-Earle night caps.

Just arrived in Leeds for the "Britrock Must Be Destroyed Tour"

The Wildhearts
    Terrorvison
    Reef
    And eh.......... Dodgy.

Should be a bloody good night

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Just arrived in Leeds for the "Britrock Must Be Destroyed Tour"

The Wildhearts
    Terrorvison
    Reef
    And eh.......... Dodgy.

Should be a bloody good night
    Good night when they all finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Good night when they all finish?
    Ill be in the bar for Dodgy. Gaaaaaaaaaaaadz

The Britrock Must Be destroyed Tour, The Academy Leeds

Great line up of The Wildhearts, Reef, Terrorvison and Dodgy

Did my best to miss Dodgy by supping up some local ales in a nearby pub. Walked in and the were closing up with that gads tune, "if its good enough for you" pish

The Wildhearts
    The only reason I was there. My favourite band of all time great set made up of all 90s tunes barring "Vanilla Radio". "Weekend" live is a great spectacle, inclusive of mass sing along in the middle. Good to see Danny back on bass complete with half his leg louped off (some junkie badge of honour that). Six tunes from Earth vs The Wildhearts over the set "Tv Tan" "My Baby is a Headf@ck", "Everlone", "Suckerpunch", "Love You till I Don't" ,"Greetings from Sh@tsville". Ace. Greatest band on the planet. Roll on Sheffield in August (we better be away first leg in Europe as that gig clashes with Europe).

Reef
    Pretty bloody good to be fair to them.

Terrorvision
    Happy and cheery as always

Ginger Wildheart, Tunnels ,1/6/18

Just in the door. Good stuff. Acoustic night to support his latest "Ghost in the Tanglewood" album (a lot of folk on here would like it, give it a bash). Anyway a few tunes of the album "Daylight Hotel" is a bloody good tune. Mixed with acoustic versions of tunes from his other projects from over the years, "Inside Out" (Silver Ginger 5), "If You Find Yourself in London Town", "The Pendine Incident" ,"No One Smiled at Me Today" (G.A.S.S), "This Is Only A Problem" (Ginger and The Sonic Circus), "Top of The World", "Mazel Tav Cocktail", "Only Love" and set closer "Geordie in Wonderland" (the Wildhearts)

Just him and Jase Edwards(Wolfsbane) and two acoustic guitars. Good night, good stage banter, good gig in great sounding venue.

Courtney Barnett at The Barrowlands last night. Decent gig, she sounded great and the barras is one of my favourite venues. Seen a lot of good gigs in there.

Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast