+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Saw Mark Morriss (Bluetones) do an acoustic set on Friday. Small venue, less than 200 folk. Front row seats. Excellent concert. Great banter with the audience. Third time I've seen him and each time he's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Aye I saw that, gutted doesn't cover it!! That's another cancelled gig from him and the likelihood of seeing him with Zakk in September is something I'm not entirely confident on.
    Kiss of death min

https://www.loudersound.com/news/ozz..._MH+&utm_term=

Billy Walton Band at Drummonds on Wednesday 10 April. Ex-Southside Johnny guitar player with a 2-piece horn section in his band. A coup for Blues Rock Aberdeen to get him up here.

Pete Way Band at the Cathouse in August

Its a Saturday so hopefully tie it in with a random game

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Billy Walton Band at Drummonds on Wednesday 10 April. Ex-Southside Johnny guitar player with a 2-piece horn section in his band. A coup for Blues Rock Aberdeen to get him up here.
    I'd forgotten about that.......too much coming up to make a last minute trip down.

I've heard awesome tales of their live prowess.
    It is indeed a coup getting them up to ABZ (though they do wander off the beaten track with their touring schedule).

Enjoy.

Saw Dream State at Krakatoa on Wednesday. A new band so was a short set, played 10 songs but every one of them was brilliant, well worth the £11 i paid to watch. 2 local bands supported Broadsea and In This Life, both were good and hope they do well in future. Krakatoa is a great wee place te watch a gig and have a couple beers

Scotland Calling, Academy, Glasgow, 28/4/19

Decent night this. Great idea for a gig. Eleven bands on one after the other. Same equipment, basically plug in and off they for an hour. I went specifically to see the Macc Lads but also there were other decent bands

Due to me and my fitba geekdom quest i nipped down to Newlandsfield Park so I missed half the bands. Which included Discharge which griped me but i did catch the following

UK Subs
    Im not a huge fan but i can safely say they were the best band of the day. I thought they were f@cking great. Every songs a sing along and i actually had forgotten how many songs i know. Hats off to Charlie Harper for still doing this at 74

The Macc Lads
    The main event for me (The Exploited for my pal). Four dudes looking a lot older than the did in their prime with Mutley McLad looking awfully like Peter Shilton. Most of the classics were in there, "Buenos Aires", "No Sheep till Buxton", "Miss Macclesfield", "Doctor Doctor","Barrels Round", "Charlotte", "Julie The Schooly". The banter was there to. Goading the weegies (Chorley says Glasgow is a sh@thole and Edinburgh is better"], the scots in general and obviously the filthy jokes were a plenty. Good laugh and i finally ticked them off

Angelic Upstarts
    Started off slow but got better. The singers a f@cking tank of a man

Slaughter and the Dogs
    Nae sure about them. Was not hugely impressed.

The Exploited
    After 5 recent heart attacks Wattie Buchan is back. My pal and myself thought he looked like he was struggling his way through the set. He had the chat and the ferocity during the tunes but between songs or during solos he looked like he wanted to keel over any minute. That guy will die doing this. (probably at less of an age than his pal Charlie Harper). The big tunes were there "Lets Start a War", "Beat the B@stards" , "*** and Violence","**** The System", "The Massacre", "Punks not Dead". Good but not great.

If im home next year ill go to this again.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 28-04-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Idlewild the moln at the newly revamped music hall.

Also, got tickets for the twilight sad gig for this year’s true north. Playing the music hall, a pretty big venue for them, hopefully it sells out or gets close to it.

Brmc and Alice in chains at the braeheid tonight. Yaaas!

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Brmc and Alice in chains at the braeheid tonight. Yaaas!
    Would have been there if I wasn't offshore

The two I do know who were there said it was awesome

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast