+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The Local Honeys, supported by Martha L Healy and Al Shields, are on the bill at The Blue Lamp, starting in 2 hours time.

Sheep1903’s first promotion of 2019.
    By hookey, that was good. Twa quines fae Kentucky whose satnav took them ower the Lecht from Ullapool. They went on slightly later than they expected!

A show a week for February, which is incredible dedication. 60 in last night which was splendid, but the promoter needs audiences of that size every gig. You know what you have to do.

The Thunder and Rain gig in March will be a sensation.

https://www.almostbluepromotions.com/

Brian Fallon and Craig Finn at the Usher Hall Wednesday.
    Oddly, last time we played Sevco 5088 I was at a gig.
    Hopefully a good omen and the same outcome.

Carson McHone at the Lampie on Sunday.

Would I pogue her hone?

Why, yes.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1IOe...QNaFKLEkrcWZtg

https://www.almostbluepromotions.com/

Saw Steve Forbert (an American singer-songwriter) in The Woodside Hotel in Aberdour, of all places, on Saturday night. He was superb. I've loved Forbert's music since I first heard Romeo's Tune on the Anne Nightingale show in 1980. Second row seats (it was hardly a massive venue) and met up with some family and chums (copyright JJ) too. Last night of his UK tour and apparently he knows the owner of the Woodside which explains the relatively bizarre venue. Got some stuff signed, got photos taken and had a chat with him. Grand loon. What a great night.

Has anyone ever been to a gig at the Kelvingrove Bandstand. Is it any use? Is it in the big park next to the uni and Tennis club? The Wildhearts are playing it with Gun and Terrorvision in June. Sounds delightful

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Has anyone ever been to a gig at the Kelvingrove Bandstand. Is it any use? Is it in the big park next to the uni and Tennis club? The Wildhearts are playing it with Gun and Terrorvision in June. Sounds delightful
    I have tickets for The National there in August, but nae been thus far.

It looks quite cool on t'internet…….but obviously you'll need the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Never been but it looks decent. There is a decent lineup there in summer.

I did something I don’t usually do and buy a ticket off of stubhub for Billie Eilish. She’s playing SWG3 on Thursday and I’m convinced she’s going to be huge. It’ll probably be me and a bunch of kids but at least I should get a good view of the stage ...like the time I saw Paramore.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I have tickets for The National there in August, but nae been thus far.

It looks quite cool on t'internet…….but obviously you'll need the weather.
    Wonder if their new album will be out by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Wonder if their new album will be out by then.
    The Wildhearts will have a new een oot by June. First in 10 years. Awesome

Aye, Kelvingrove is a great venue, assuming you get the weather. Been to quite a few gigs there over the last few years. Only once has the weather been a bit iffie. We've got tickets for Skids/Big Country/Rezillos, Burt Baccarach and ****age Fanclub this summer.

Sneckie - What date is the National? Might get a ticket if I'm around. Gie's a shout.

Edit to add: Aye Pacmin, it's beside the Uni, where you're thinking, on Kelvin Way, 5-10 mins walk fae Hillhead/Kelvinbridge undergrounds.
    Last edited by krakowdon; 25-02-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast