+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

sheep1903’s Almost Blue Promotions gig list for 2019 is filling up. I’ve yet to see one of his gigs that’s been less than excellent. And the Lampie (doonstairs) has Cromarty Brewery beers on tap (**** off Brewdog).

https://www.almostbluepromotions.com/online-store

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    And the Lampie (doonstairs) has Cromarty Brewery beers on tap
    Now yer talking...........................hoooooooorin' fine.

A Perfect Circle on Sunday night. Was alright, their new stuff isn’t great. Would have preferred if it was Tool playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    A Perfect Circle on Sunday night. Was alright, their new stuff isn’t great. Would have preferred if it was Tool playing.
    Saw Deacon Blue at the Liverpool Echo Arena last night. 30 years after I first saw them in Aberdeen. Absolutely fantastic. Belted out all old classics (Dignity, Loaded, Raintown, Real Gone Kid), as well as a few more mellow moments, e.g., I Will And I Won't, Love and Regret. Your Swaying Arms. Ended the concert with a superb acoustic version of Always of My Mind with the whole band singing different parts of the song. A great night.

McCartney at the Hydro on Friday, should be great to finally catch him especially in the Hydro as it's got great acoustics in my opinion.

Had a look at his previous setlists and it could possibly be a 38 song mammoth gig so at least it'll be worth the money if nothing else.

Got Ozzy in Feb, be great to tick him off the list though I'm only truly going to catch Zakk Wylde playing Ozzys set, must've listened to Ozzy live and loud and also Ozzy at the Budokan hundreds of times. Cannae beat Zakk blasting out Mr Crowley or Bark at the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    McCartney at the Hydro on Friday, should be great to finally catch him especially in the Hydro as it's got great acoustics in my opinion.

Had a look at his previous setlists and it could possibly be a 38 song mammoth gig so at least it'll be worth the money if nothing else.
    Well that was nae bad eh

Aye a great gig, personal highlights being Band On The Run and Live and Let Die. Cannae really grumble with a 39 song set I guess

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Aye a great gig, personal highlights being Band On The Run and Live and Let Die. Cannae really grumble with a 39 song set I guess
    Yeah, they were great. I jumped when the fireworks went off

Highlight for me was the Abbey Road stuff, in particular Something but the whole gig was excellent.

Doubt there'll be another chance to catch him live so as much as the ticket prices were a ridiculous amount, I weighed it up and decided it would be worth it. Thankfully I was right!!!

Next up Zakk in February with Ozzy mumbling n shuffling about the stage

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Yeah, they were great. I jumped when the fireworks went off

Highlight for me was the Abbey Road stuff, in particular Something but the whole gig was excellent.
    Gutted i missed that gig. Sounds mega

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast