+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Reel Big Fish/ Less Than Jake, o2 Academy Glasgow 15/11

Childhood stuff this. Loved LTJ when I was at school and still have a lot of time now. They were great at Donington in the summer so I thought I would take this on

Zebrahead
    Pish

Less Than Jake
    Quality band and a decent show from opener "Gainesville Rock City" to closer, the mighty "All My Friends Are Metalheads". There is something about these guys you cant help but like. Feel good factor, check, good tunes, check, funny between tunes dialogue, check. They are definitely different form my usual type but im sure its down to me keeping hold of a 15 year old me as get older and older. "Look What Happened", "Last One Out Of Liberty City", "Johnny Quest Thinks We Are Sellouts", "History of A Boring Town" also in there with a few other oldies. Good gig.

Reel Big Fish
    Was probably at Stirling when they started

Relived my own childhood in Glasgow on Friday at the Garage with A playing 'Hi Fi Serious' in full, supported by Wheatus and InMe. Considered the LTJ/RBF gig as well but I was never really into either of them enough to bother making the effort.

Never liked InMe, didn't catch their set.

Wheatus really should have just played the '****age Dirtbag' album in full, as that's all anyone who's heard of them might have bought. However they predictably went down the 'you know we've actually got 6 albums and several EPs and some new songs...' route and most people (including me) had no idea what was going on for the most part. They were surprisingly very good performers though and really tight.

A killed it. I wasn't really sure what to expect going to see a band from my ****s in my mid 30s. Particularly as the guys in the band were probably an the old side to be playing that kind of music back in 2001 (a la Blink-182). Stuck the album on a couple of times through the week and wasn't really feeling it, but they absolutely nailed it on the night. Awesome pit action - still got the aches and pains today - and a quality sing along to long-forgotten former favourites, mostly from their earlier albums.

Struggling to talk to folk on the phone the day = good gig.

At the Lampie tomorrow, Glenbuchat on Friday and my mate's hoose on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imM_...3rXxH0RhNBzbFk

I've seen these boys at least half a dozen times and they are mesmerising. Cam's been described as a "Shaman" more than once. Good to see that our right back's reputation has reached backwoods Canada.

The quality of Cam's recording history is also legendary. Get the **** along to a gig.

To Build A Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLSkcTJ5Hmo

Mair?

Memphis, from 2012-13. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4dh6wm6bzs

His philosophy is that grafitti should consist of fannies rather than cocks. Sound.

Shame at SWG3 is, along with Shame at Stereo, my two best gigs of the year. Best band of 2018 imo (and the opinion of Rough Trade and Alan McGee)

Making my Stereo debut Wednesday week (the night we're at the b@stard garden) for Lucero.
    Much looking forward to it.
    They're a band was recommended to me by someone on here ........... canna mind who....... but thanks.

You'll like Stereo Sneck min, pillars notwithstanding. Was there last weekend for Mattiel. And they serve Caesars

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    You'll like Stereo Sneck min, pillars notwithstanding. Was there last weekend for Mattiel. And they serve Caesars
    More pillars than the mainer

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    More pillars than the mainer
    Nae pillars in the mosh pit........

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Are you going to the b@stard garden that night?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Nae pillars in the mosh pit........
    I’ve only been once but pretty sure there’s a pillar on the stage

Tbh I don’t remember there being a problem viewing if you are close enough. It’s not a massive venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    I’ve only been once but pretty sure there’s a pillar on the stage

Tbh I don’t remember there being a problem viewing if you are close enough. It’s not a massive venue.
    There is indeed a pillar on the stage. Next to where the drummer usually is.

Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast