+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Ok aye the keyboard guy. Gerry Love is a dude and the best bit about the Fannies. Check out his own band Lightships.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Annoyed im away for that
    Ooft canna believe it. A band we both like.☺although I did have a Demon album when I was 12 😈

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Ooft canna believe it. A band we both like.☺although I did have a Demon album when I was 12 😈
    Saw the Proclaimers last night. Very good. All the classics belted out. Bit disappointed though as I was expecting a bit more banter from them.

Motley Crude in Krakatoa/Moorings at end of September. See if these guys are any good seeing as i won’t see Motley Crue again

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Saw the Proclaimers last night. Very good. All the classics belted out. Bit disappointed though as I was expecting a bit more banter from them.
    I must have seen them 15-20 times, from their days as a duo, and This Is The Story. Joined at the hip with Dexys in terms of soul.

I’d not go the length of my shadow to see them now, though, and nothing to do with their songs, musicianship and stagecraft.

The audience contains far more than an acceptable proportion of utter ****s who insist on roaring along with the words to songs they know, and treat gigs as some sort of Caledonian jingo-fest. I understand from speaking to a child of one of them that they’re uncomfortable with this development.

Amanda Anne Platt and the Honeycutters, however, will be a totally different proposition when they play at the Lampie on 12 September, promoted by a Proper Mannies’ Red for Almost Blue Promotions.

www.almostbluepromotions.com

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I must have seen them 15-20 times, from their days as a duo, and This Is The Story. Joined at the hip with Dexys in terms of soul.

I’d not go the length of my shadow to see them now, though, and nothing to do with their songs, musicianship and stagecraft.

The audience contains far more than an acceptable proportion of utter ****s who insist on roaring along with the words to songs they know, and treat gigs as some sort of Caledonian jingo-fest. I understand from speaking to a child of one of them that they’re uncomfortable with this development.

Amanda Anne Platt and the Honeycutters, however, will be a totally different proposition when they play at the Lampie on 12 September, promoted by a Proper Mannies’ Red for Almost Blue Promotions.

www.almostbluepromotions.com
    I hear what you're saying. There were quite a few kilts on show. Knob ends. I don't even live in Scotland anymore, it was almost like these knob ends were showing off to the world "I'm wearing a kilt to a gig because I'm Scottish and the band are Scottish and I want people to know I'm Scottish"

I’ve seen them once & I quite enjoyed it because I was drunk but I can see their point about the audience. The flip side of that of course is that they probably do really well out these d1cks financially

Blanck Mass supporting Mogwai next week. Decent. Can't say I've listened to anything by him but it's one half of **** Buttons' solo project so I'll have a listen and definitely be down to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMaquina View Post
    Blanck Mass supporting Mogwai next week. Decent. Can't say I've listened to anything by him but it's one half of **** Buttons' solo project so I'll have a listen and definitely be down to see him.
    I haven't been back to see Mogwai since coming back from Hampden in 2011. After watching the Dons get gubbed 4-1 (4-0 at h/t), we returned to Aberdeen to watch Mogwai only to find that the tw@ts had tied a Celtic scarf round the drum stands...

Plus HMT is a terrible gig venue

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Motley Crude in Krakatoa/Moorings at end of September. See if these guys are any good seeing as i won’t see Motley Crue again
    Fans that. I would take that on of possible. If its the last weekend of the month then ach well. (Cambuur, Heerenveen, AZ Alkmaar triple header)

Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast