+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye Conflict are still on the go in toon

Wattie had a heart attack on stage a couple of years back on a tour with Hatebreed.

Hes had some complications and needs surgery.

I have tickets for Scotland Calling in April so if i dont get the rescheduled Aberdeen gig ill hopefully get them there (with the Macc Lads )
    I never knew, he nearly went the same way as Tommy Cooper....Hmmm the Macc Lads, there was a time that I listened to them but I thought Feed Your Face stepped over the line...and my humour has changed and I don't find them remotely funny any longer which unfortunately I did...

Mogwai at HMT tomorrow. Unusual venue, it'll be weird watching them sitting doon. The acoustics should be spot on though.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMaquina View Post
    I think Martin’s back now.
    Aye, you’re right he was playing tonight. Cracking gig. Sound was spot on. Don’t think I’ve been in HMT since I was a kid but it’s a lot smaller than I remember.

Chantel McGregor at Drummonds next Saturday (promoted by Blues Rock Aberdeen, whose main man is a Top Red fae Kemnay).

Nathan Bell, whose seething anti-Trump blue collar songs are just about the best protest around right now, is at the Blue Lamp on Saturday 6 October (arranged by Almost Blue Promotions, the agency of sheep1903, erstwhile contributor to this ailing, terminally-ill creaking hoor’s abortion of a site).

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Aye, you’re right he was playing tonight. Cracking gig. Sound was spot on. Don’t think I’ve been in HMT since I was a kid but it’s a lot smaller than I remember.
    There's not much you can say after going to a gig like that, they get better everytime I see them.

They've got some amount of back catalogue to choose from now as well.

The HMT was alright for a one-off gig like that. The bar shut as soon as gwai came on, which is nae ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    There's not much you can say after going to a gig like that, they get better everytime I see them.

They've got some amount of back catalogue to choose from now as well.

The HMT was alright for a one-off gig like that. The bar shut as soon as gwai came on, which is nae ease.
    Being a band ive never really got into on record and ive tried cos i must have most of their albums from a pal, i expected it to all become clear live last night what all the fuss is about.
    Was decent in places but i think theres a hell of a lot of emperors new clothes about them. Ive never been at a gig with so many folk yawning and looking really bored.
    I love all kinds of instrumental stuff, sonic soundscapes (Durutti Column/MBV/Cocteau Twins/Suicide/Spacemen 3/ electronica from Krautrock to Four Tet, soundtrack stuff and was looking forward to seeing what the fuss was all about and being blown away. Sadly not tho. Going from very quiet to really loud doesnt equal interesting to me. Few decent moments. No Coolverine was also disappointing.

Cool venue for a one-off. We where sat in the dress circle seats like Statler and Waldorf.
    The bar closing was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    I love all kinds of instrumental stuff, sonic soundscapes (Durutti Column/MBV/Cocteau Twins/Suicide/Spacemen 3/ electronica from Krautrock to Four Tet
    Suicide. ❤️

They supported The Clash at the Music Hall in 77, along with The Coventry Specials. Vega faced down the clarty little ‘punk’ ****s gobbing at him, and could have taken any 20 of the cowardly little ****s. They were magnificent,

Apart from Ventures’ and Shadows’ albums, this Joe Meek-esque retro album (2010-ish) is my favourite instrumental collection ever.

http://www.raucousrecords.com/dan-an...o-late-cd.html

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Suicide. ❤️

They supported The Clash at the Music Hall in 77, along with The Coventry Specials. Vega faced down the clarty little ‘punk’ ****s gobbing at him, and could have taken any 20 of the cowardly little ****s. They were magnificent,

Apart from Ventures’ and Shadows’ albums, this Joe Meek-esque retro album (2010-ish) is my favourite instrumental collection ever.

http://www.raucousrecords.com/dan-an...o-late-cd.html
    Wow what a line-up Vintage! Give my left ball to have seen that.

You're right ball has already been donated for a chance to see the Dons beat Real Madrid in a European final.

We may well be hirpling a bit now but there was a lot to be said for being young in the 1970's

Content yourself with the knowledge that these weren't available then.

https://vinylize.com/

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You're right ball has already been donated for a chance to see the Dons beat Real Madrid in a European final.

We may well be hirpling a bit now but there was a lot to be said for being young in the 1970's

Content yourself with the knowledge that these weren't available then.

https://vinylize.com/
    I am in Madrid as i type.
    Cool city really but the overwhelming urge to GIRFUY is tough to beat
    Are those glasses available with a script? Certainly wouldn't have been required on 'that' day as it was pishing with rain and our eyes worked then.

Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast