+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Had a slash next to Richard Gough at Chambre 69 in Glasgow a few years back at a Primal Scream after show party.
    I was bingoed out my nut so immediately engaged in chat and told him i was a dons fan at which he looked a bit worried. Assured him i wasnt a mentalist and had a wee chat about centre halfs and his time at yinited and Scotland then persuaded him to come to my table to meet my pals. A table of 10 reds, bingoed out their nuts..”look who i bumped into in the bogs.” 😆 Got a couple of good photos of it, abdys eyes popping oot their heids including his.

Funnily enough, I’ve also met Richard Gough & have a different experience. We honestly couldn’t get rid of him. Even my Hun friend thought he was a bit of a weirdo. I broke my nose leaving his company

Only two celebish close proximity slashes I've had was Charlie Nicholas (Marine Hotel Stoney, what, 88ish?) and Fish formerly of Marillion (Easter Road prawn sandwich/corporate job round about 97, Dodds and Windass up front, Darren Jackson was playing for the Cabbage).

Had a blether with each of them, nice blokes.

Alex Ferguson gave me a lift hame fae the railway station one Sunday in 1979, the day after we’d drawn 2-2 at Love Street (Stark and McDougall scored, but nae for us) and I had shared a railway carriage with Cathy and the loons from Queen Street to Aberdeen.

I had a toilet experience with Amy Johnson ( lindyhop) in the Blue Lamp bogs.

I said "nah nah quine",she said " ooooh it's the gents"

Hardly romance of the century.

I got a run back to my hostel in Amsterdam once by Ian Dury if that's any better.

No romance there either I'm happy to say.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Had a slash next to Richard Gough at Chambre 69 in Glasgow a few years back at a Primal Scream after show party.
    I was bingoed out my nut so immediately engaged in chat and told him i was a dons fan at which he looked a bit worried. Assured him i wasnt a mentalist and had a wee chat about centre halfs and his time at yinited and Scotland then persuaded him to come to my table to meet my pals. A table of 10 reds, bingoed out their nuts..”look who i bumped into in the bogs.” �� Got a couple of good photos of it, abdys eyes popping oot their heids including his.
    Gough does have a reputation for hanging around toilets, allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I had a toilet experience with Amy Johnson ( lindyhop) in the Blue Lamp bogs.

I said "nah nah quine",she said " ooooh it's the gents"

Hardly romance of the century.

I got a run back to my hostel in Amsterdam once by Ian Dury if that's any better.

No romance there either I'm happy to say.
    I had a date with a woman in the fashion industry who told me Ian Dury's preference was for women who looked like young gentleman...short hair, nae boobs, that sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Gough does have a reputation for hanging around toilets, allegedly.
    I thought that it was a whistler called McGinley, allegedly...or was it allegedly or did he actually get prosecuted

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I thought that it was a whistler called McGinley, allegedly...or was it allegedly or did he actually get prosecuted
    My mate was at a blind date audition in the eighties the Huns players were in getting bevvied 2 days before they played us at ibrox in the league. He pished down Gary Stevens leg and I was very rude to Davie Dodds.
    I pished on McCoists shoe accidentally ☺ at Brian Reid's Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I had a date with a woman in the fashion industry who told me Ian Dury's preference was for women who looked like young gentleman...short hair, nae boobs, that sort of thing
    That would concur, if art imitates life, with the lyric for "You're More Than Fair", B-side of "*** & Drugs & Rock N Roll" (bought fae the record shop up the Castle Steps in Inverness on release day, along with the Stones' newly released Love You Live)...

"I like your titties
    They're nice and small
    Give me a squeeze
    As we reach the hall".

He was renowned for being unable to drink much, and got terribly belligerent after a couple of pints.

The band and crew reluctantly took turns at accompanying him socially when on tour. This was known as "Dury duty".

Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast