+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Brmc weren’t on that long but they were good. Alice in chains were amazing!

Was at the AIC gig. ****ing brilliant . still buzzing from it. **** venue though. From what I saw of BRMC they were decent .

Quote Originally Posted by scobiemacd View Post
    Was at the AIC gig. ****ing brilliant . still buzzing from it. **** venue though. From what I saw of BRMC they were decent .
    Holy f@ck its Scobes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Holy f@ck its Scobes
    how's things me old mucker?

Quote Originally Posted by scobiemacd View Post
    how's things me old mucker?
    Just getting work oot the road before Donington and The Wildhearts at Kelvingrove Bandstand in a few weeks.

Nae amused I missed AIC. I saw them at the Academy last time they were here. Great band

Saw The Rutles (the Eric Idle inspired Beatles parody, pi55 take, with Neil Innes providing the music) in Glasgow last night. Innes’ songs are wonderful and some sound more Beatles-ish than the Beatles themselves and Innes’ take on Lennon’s voice is brilliant. A great concert. The Rutles played for 2 hours. Not bad considering Innes is in his 70’s now. Only downside was being in Glasgow city Centre before and after the concert, with the city teeming with Tims.

Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield on Sunday

Hot Milk - A fairly new band only have 5 or 6 songs but played them very well and were a great opener to the festival in my eyes, tent was filling up towards the end as a secret band were following them, it was Busted so i didn’t stick around.

Trophy Eyes - Over to the Marshall stage to watch these guys, only knew a couple of their songs bit they put on a good show for the 40 minutes they had, will check out more of their stuff. Singer seemed a bit of a dick though.

The Interrupters - On to the Punk In Drublic stage. Heard a track on Primordial Radio a few months back so downloaded the album and loved it so i had big expectations, from the second their walk on tune (The Specials - Ghost Town) came on i had a feeling i wasn’t gonna be disappointed and i wasn’t, what a performance, full of energy, magic songs and good at getting the crowd going. They are playing Download in a couple weeks and they are now high on the list of bands to see. Band of the day

Simple Plan - 1st trip to main stage as missed 1st band i wanted to see as had a train cancelled on way there so was an hour behind schedule. Not one of my favourite bands but could see them from the bar queue. They were good at what they did but as i say not a huge fan

Neck Deep - One of the main reasons i went to this festival, love these guys and was the usual class performance from them, good sing along and a great bounce in the crowd. One of my favourite bands at the moment, just fun, pop punk

Less Than Jake - Reason number 2 of why i was there, they overlapped Neck Deep a bit so missed the start. These guys just keep getting better, songs are ace and band are so tight, if you know them and have seen them before you will understand, one of the Interrupters joined them on stage for Science of selling yourself short which went down well, said they will be back in September so will look out for the dates.

New Found Glory - One of the 1st rock bands i got in to when i was a school bairn and had never seen them live before, wasn’t sure what to expect as lst few albums been a bit meh but they had an hour slot and just played the classics and 4 covers which went down very well with the big crowd, pop punk versions of Let It Go from Frozen, This Is Me from Greatest Showman, The Power of Love for Back To The Future and Kiss Me from She’s All That, everybody was singing along and pretty sure everyone had a smile on their face watching them, brilliant performance

All Time Low - Out of the 3 headliners i wasn’t too fussed about seeing so gave them a watch for a half hour before leaving before the crowds, they were decent enough, heard Bullet For My Valentine in the tent were great and NoFX on Punk In Drublic stage were poor so probably should have went to see Bullet.

Magic day at the festival in a great location, will definitely be back in the future, easy transport links from my mates in south London and 30 mins away from Luton airport where i was flying home from next day. Ace set up as 2 of the tents had 2 stages in them so whilst 1 played another set up so no long waits between sets also there was 2 stages side by side outside as well. Main Stage and Punk In Drublic stage were usual festival types. Only 2 gripes would be long queues at bars and i missed a lot of bands due to clashes like Bad Religion, Lagwagon, Atreyu, Real Friends, Story Of The Year and Millencolin. There was an afterparty in a club after it but i had my weekend bag in the bag drop so wasn't humphin that about a club whilst drunk.

Roll on Download in 2 weeks

Ive just had two gigs chopped off due to the Assembly shutting down

The Exploited (reshedule)

The Pete Way Band

Norrie McCulloch (very good new CD on release now) and Iona MacDonald (of Doghouse Roses) at the Lampie on 8 June. An Almost Blue promotion masterminded by sheep1903, the radge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiwB...&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAe_n8qizyU

57V, I meant to ask did you happen along to Billy Walton last month?

Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast