+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

My mate, formerly of Gun and Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros had to share a urinal with Mickey Rourke in some LA nightclub. That was the end of the story but I told everyone he knows that Mickey Rourke said he had a small ***** and story had become fact over the years.

Not sure if it had already been stated but I see Aidan confirmed the other day that Arab Strap is dead (again). Glad I managed to catch them 3 times on the comeback trail.

I'll probably go and see him and RM Hubbert at the Lemon Tree next month, although I've never got round to their album yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMaquina View Post
    Not sure if it had already been stated but I see Aidan confirmed the other day that Arab Strap is dead (again). Glad I managed to catch them 3 times on the comeback trail.

I'll probably go and see him and RM Hubbert at the Lemon Tree next month, although I've never got round to their album yet.
    I saw that, it’s a shame. Saw Arab Strap, Malky Middleton & Aiden Moffat solo about 20 times. They’re national treasures. Malkys got a new album out & tour lined up

Two gigs at the forum in November

The Exploited - Postponed duee to Watties heart
    Operation:Mindcrime - moved to december and im away

Sh@te

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Two gigs at the forum in November

The Exploited - Postponed duee to Watties heart
    Operation:Mindcrime - moved to december and im away

Sh@te
    Did he have a heart attack or something? I can't believe The Exploited were going to play Aberdeen. I don't listen to them now but for a period in the 1990s I listened to their early stuff...

Can any ageing punks remember if The Exploited played Aberdeen back in their heyday (around 1980-1981)? Are Conflict still playing The Moorings?

Supporting Charlie Harper's mob in 1979.

Hard to believe UK Subs managed to get anyone to back them because when they first played the 62 club circa 1978 they only had a 20 minute set and played it 2 or maybe even 3 times.

I was almost certainly there but couldn't say I remember any of it.

Seem to remember Watty jumped off the stage in the 62 club and got a kicking from some guys from Hilton (Marsh men or something?) Next time Exploited came up they were backed up by Sham69/Upstarts security - some of the scariest looking dudes i have ever seen. Long time ago probably got some details comfused.

Confused details was a particular problem at the time.

19 - 25 is particularly fuzzy

Marsh was a bloke wasn't he ?

Somebody Marischal?

Memory is coming back....I can picture him now.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 20-09-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Did he have a heart attack or something? I can't believe The Exploited were going to play Aberdeen. I don't listen to them now but for a period in the 1990s I listened to their early stuff...

Can any ageing punks remember if The Exploited played Aberdeen back in their heyday (around 1980-1981)? Are Conflict still playing The Moorings?
    Aye Conflict are still on the go in toon

Wattie had a heart attack on stage a couple of years back on a tour with Hatebreed.

Hes had some complications and needs surgery.

I have tickets for Scotland Calling in April so if i dont get the rescheduled Aberdeen gig ill hopefully get them there (with the Macc Lads )

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Supporting Charlie Harper's mob in 1979.

Hard to believe UK Subs managed to get anyone to back them because when they first played the 62 club circa 1978 they only had a 20 minute set and played it 2 or maybe even 3 times.

I was almost certainly there but couldn't say I remember any of it.
    Poor substitute I know for going to a punk gig in the 70s; however, I went to see the UK Subs play Cafe Drummonds in 1994 (the same night Mexico played Bulgaria in the 2nd Round of the World Cup I recall) and they were supported by a local band called Daggety Anne. Well during the support set, some guy ran in total naked and jumped all the way to the front before being ejected from bouncers. 30 minutes passed and by this time the headliners had taken the stage, when from out of nowhere (Faith No More based a song on it), the boy appeared again dressed only in his birthday suit...

Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast