+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Players released.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Sad to see both Higgins & Dowie go as I expected one would have been keep and it will be strange not seeing Jim sitting on the bench.

I liked Hilson but if the manager was told to keep only one I would have kept Tapping too as he can be a important player for Queens if he can keep himself from getting injured.

Hope Naysmith has got 2 decent centre halfs lined up , he's going to need them

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Hope Naysmith has got 2 decent centre halfs lined up , he's going to need them
    Higgy very disappointed to be leaving (see today's Standard)
    but confident he can do a good job for any Championship side -
    wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Livvy as he comes from
    nearby Broxburn and is only 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Higgy very disappointed to be leaving (see today's Standard)
    but confident he can do a good job for any Championship side -
    wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Livvy as he comes from
    nearby Broxburn and is only 31.
    That would be a good shout for him. Balatoni and El Alagui have left Ayr Utd. Queens should go for Balatoni anyway. Not sure about Farid.

Aiden Smith impressed last night in front of the watching Queens directors Billy Hewitson , Craig Patterson and big Jim Thomson . They must be wondering why Naysmith released him

As directors they can surely have a quiet word to perhaps change his mind? As I mentioned in an earlier post, - I would have preferred to keep Smith on the books, - even if he is out on loan for much of next season again at Annan.

If anyone suggests that the directors should not or cannot voice their opinion, - then they have just discovered the problem in Scottish football, - that we the supporters rely entirely on the opinion of one man.

Dictatorships I'm afraid have no place in football or society in general, - and the sport is not an exact science, therefore Messers Naysmith, Skelton, Thomson et al need all the help and support they can get.

sorry guys but i have to point out the obvious here ,theres a huge gap between playing for annan in that cannon fodder league and playing in the championship for queens ,a blind man and his dog should score 20 goals a season in that league ,i think the boy has found his level ,id say even a league 1 player tops atm ,its a massive step from banging in goals down there than it is in the championship likes .

Naysmith probably thinks that Aidan is not good enough for Championship level although he could score goals against Rangers. Figure that one out.

albertz you cant go signing players up on scoring the odd goal here and there whats special about scoring against rangers likes , especially a very poor rangers team ,the couple of seasons we had rangers in our league we gave them quite a few bloody noses .

Obviously not a player but has our commercial manager Victoria Thomson also left the club ? as I saw her leave Palmy last Saturday holding a lovely bunch of flowers and thought it may have been a farewell gift from her colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Obviously not a player but has our commercial manager Victoria Thomson also left the club ? as I saw her leave Palmy last Saturday holding a lovely bunch of flowers and thought it may have been a farewell gift from her colleagues.

Maybe from Lyndon

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)