+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Players released.

Dumbarton have released Mark Docherty and Garry Fleming, also Robert Thomson has joined Morton. I wonder if Queens will go for any of those 2 players?

Scottish Sun reports that Ayr Utd, Clyde and Dumbarton are interested in Higgins.

We were shipping in goals for fun. Something drastic had to be done at the back.

Regarding Aiden Smith. He scored against Rangers and was dropped the following game, IIRC this was under Skelton? Your a young striker and score. What exactly more can you do? IMO he's been treated pretty badly, teased out on loan, scored goals then gets released.

A creative central midfielder is exactly what we have needed so can see why he signed Tapping but its a huge risk with his injury record.

I dont understand why Danny was offered a deal. He's done nothing to inspire.

Jury is still out on Naysmith. I get the impression he's not the biggest fan of youth, very strange loan signing the Celtic lad who only featured what twice? strange team selections with the odd strange formation to match and dropping the right back in favour of a central midfielder. All his own squad now so no excuses.

If Naysmith was not a fan of the under - 20s set up yesterday's defeat in the Southern Counties Cup final would reinforce that view as even the official Queen of the South site report admits Dalbeattie Star well deserved their victory and, in fact, should have scored more. Six of the players in the Doonhamers side are now history so good luck in their future careers.

Name:  IMG_8883.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  96.6 KB

Chris Higgins signs for Ayr United who are also going full time next season

Good to see Higgins signed up so quickly and still full-time. He was a loyal and dedicated team captain for Queens to be fondly remembered as just that.

I had a feeling Higgins would end up at Somerset Park.

Wee Dan Carmichael signs on for another season at Queens . Hopefully he can get a good preseasons training behind him and get back to the form we know he's capable of

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Wee Dan Carmichael signs on for another season at Queens . Hopefully he can get a good preseasons training behind him and get back to the form we know he's capable of
    I agree and hope that he will be played on his natural right wing where he certainly can be a threat to the opposition. I hate to see him stuck out on the left where he has to continually cut inside onto his right foot. Danny needs to be played where he is most effective to get the best out of him.

100% agree. He absolutely ran Rangers ragged from that position in April 2015. Naysmith should be made to watch that style of performance and told that is what the fans want to see.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)