+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Players released.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Players released.

Naysmith has not hung around naming the players being released come the end of the season. No surprise that the central defence has taken the brunt of the cull but it is still sad to see stalwarts such as Higgins and Dowie leaving the club after many years of sterling loyal service to Queens heralding a new era for the first team. I wish all of the players dispensed with well.
    One name on the list which I was unhappy to see was Hilson as he was never given a decent run in the team mainly because of injury however when selected never let the side down and certainly showed promise.
    A close season building job is now required from the management so that we are in a good place come the start of the next campaign. Mon the South.

Good luck to Higgy and Dowser who imo will take really good central defenders to replace them - hopefully Naysmith knows what he is doing the jury is out !

Disappointed to see Dowie and Higgins depart. Two great servants to the club, especially Higgins as club captain until Rankin was signed. Also, I would rather have retained Hilson rather than Tapping. Also Hamill has been out of the picture for the last quarter of the season, so unsurprised about him going. Atkinson should have left two seasons ago and i wonder if Robinson will remain first choice or will Naysmith be looking for a new goalkeeper? Not surprised with Brotherston, Hooper, Moxon and Smith leaving too. Will be interesting to see who Naysmith has targeted during the close season.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 07-05-2017 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Disappointed to see Dowie and Higgins depart. Two great servants to the club, especially Higgins as club captain until Rankin was signed. Also, I would rather have retained Hilson rather than Tapping. Also Hamill has been out of the picture for the last quarter of the season, so unsurprised about him going. Atkinson should have left two seasons ago and i wonder if Robinson will remain first choice or will Naysmith be looking for a new goalkeeper? Not surprised with Brotherston, Hooper, Moxon and Smith leaving too. Will be interesting to see who Naysmith has targeted during the close season.
    Put it this way in my opinion from watching almost all the games since Naysmith has come in I don't think he has a clue both tactically and team selection.
    Hes managed to cheese off Hamil, Dowie, hilson and Higgins , brought in 2 lads on loan who in the early days looked a revelation then later looked poor and uninterested.
    Signed Mercer (not good enough) and Rankin as captain (a liability)
    He's also not managed to show any consistency in team selection or in the teams performances.
    He's played Jacob's at full back weakening the midfield, when Hamil was available.
    He took east fife down brought them back up on a big budget then they ended up wallowing in lower end of League one .
    His tactics are negative whether it's a good of bad side home or away .
    Finally he's not improved the performances of the team as a whole nor has he got the best out of any of the players.
    The team he took over were capable of winning games as they proved earlier in the season, all that was needed was to instill confidence fence and he couldnt even manage that
    Get Shot soon as please.

To some Queens fans actually think it's a good idea to chop and change the manager every 6-12 months when things aren't going their way ...?

There is no chance that the BOD will get rid of Naysmith unless he starts next season disastrously.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    There is no chance that the BOD will get rid of Naysmith unless he starts next season disastrously.
    Although not a member myself I popped in to the New Bazaar p of the y presentations and was very impressed - the players and management were piped into the pub which was jam - packed. After a welcoming speech the NB chose the Dobmeister as their top man for the season and, as he had won the award twice in the past, he was given one of their unique trophies to keep. This was followed with a sing - song and a superb buffet - all in all an excellent event.

Sorry to see some of the old boys go, but can understand why, as the defence this year has been a mare. Would have liked to have seen young aiden stay as he had speed and ability, but he was never in GN plans. Good to see dykes still retained (okay still had a full year in contract) but I think his linkup play with Dobbie has improved over the season and fosters well for next. GN has certainly cleared the court however, as all have said previously it will be interesting who he brings in????

Nice words from Chris Higgins on his Twitter page.

Also from Jim Atkinson.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)