+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby County Post Match Thoughts

Derby County Post Match Thoughts

No you didn't oversleep and miss the match but being a true plastic I refuse to drag myself up between 4am and 6am for a 'dead rubber'.

Add your cheers or groans here around 1:50pm your time when thankfully the nightmare that has been the 2016-17 season will finally be over and LBJ will finally be able to move on. Well, at least one of those two statements will be true

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    No you didn't oversleep and miss the match but being a true plastic I refuse to drag myself up between 4am and 6am for a 'dead rubber'.

Add your cheers or groans here around 1:50pm your time when thankfully the nightmare that has been the 2016-17 season will finally be over and LBJ will finally be able to move on. Well, at least one of those two statements will be true
    I'm surprised lbj hasn't amended AS's Wikipedia entry to put a more positive gloss on his Millers tenure.

Thank **** this season is now history.

Very pleased today: We didn't concede 100 goals for the season. Hurray.

Thanks Cam - mourning this season is over......

I got quite involved this year and I started by protecting the manager from the normal basic - non-football insults - adding balance to the importance of waving.....it is important....but I wonder how those idiots effected the managers & teams affection to the club when they atrociously attacked them when leaving the Barnsley pitch.

These things do affect players!

Anyway....Burton stayed up doing precisely what we were aiming to do but they stuck to the manager and bought players for this year whereas we sacked our manager and had OLD old fashioned players not up for this league and a woeful budget.

The core squad now is younger on average and will be a force next season if managed properly.

Deeply regretful season but - not my money - not my decisions....we are down and Warne is the Gaffa.

That retained list will not be draconian and those individuals that were the real problem this year will get new contracts
    ( well I'll be suprised if Warne weilds the axe to harshly )

The plans for our new facilities is the key to the Millers future....Sadly I think a glorified industrial unit won't cut the mustard....I'm really looking forward to seeing those plans....

It's only football.....fresh bottle of a nice malt....gardening leave....UTM

Not been today, but had a look at the match stats... 40% possession for a home game, no corners won at all (we are awful from corners, so it doesn't make much dfference, I suppose) - poor. Having said that, it is still an improvement on what we were doing under Stubbs . Ten shots today, six on target... if we had a decent striker we might have won (same old story). Managed to avoid 100 goals conceded for the season , managed to restrict opposition to roughly same number of shots that we had today, rather than 20 or 30 - no way would either have happened under Stubbs.

We are slowly, though only slightly, improving , and worringly, still a long way off the level we need to be at to compete properly next season. Re penalty - why was JCH back in his own penalty area, given his previous defensive blunders? Leave him upfield - who knows, he might actually score a goal at the right end of the pitch! He may have just played his way out of getting a new contract. We're still weak up front, and have the habit of conceding a late goal in most games... we're going to continue to struggle next season unless that changes, and I'm not confident that it will change with Warney in charge. I hope that I am wrong.

Least said about the first half the better. Second half a game of footy broke out. Lovely cross by Mattock for the goal, where has that been all season? JCH just needs to put the ball through to Adeyemi who is coming through like a train and its game over then Adeyemi misses a sitter and the rest is history. Derby step it up a bit, Ince throws himself over in the box with the slightest of contact and gets the sort of pen we never get. A few weeks ago we would have crumbled and lost so an improvement of sorts. The two full backs who have been awful all year were our best players with Vaulks doing well in the middle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Very pleased today: We didn't concede 100 goals for the season. Hurray.
    Yeah but we're now the proud holders of the lowest Championship points total since 3 points for a win was introduced.

I'm sorry but an apparent end of season flourish against Ipswich reserves and Preston and Derby teams that were already on the beach don't fill me with confidence for next season.

Lets see what the retained list looks like and our transfer dealings over the next few weeks and who knows maybe I will be able to muster some enthusiasm that next season is going to be better than this one.

Good points well made a123. Its up to TS now to get the quality we need for Div 1.

Bit of a boring game.
    Don't think many first team will leave
    Circuit is leaving us again

Attachment 4390

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast