+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lge2 title next season?

jamesdad is spot on. There is no ambition at the club and only a serious clear out of the Board/shareholders will achieve that. A new owner/investor is needed, but we would have to hope that any new buyer does not send us down the Orient, Blackburn, Morecambe etc. road. Having said that, nothing moves at anything other than at snail pace where the badly under-resourced first team is concerned. Mid-table obscurity beckons for next season unless Artell/Lunt can perform miracles in the transfer market. Still, I would certainly not want to see Crewe drop into non-league, and avoiding that drop seems to be the extent of the Board's ambition. I believe we should be able to establish ourselves in League One, but substantive changes would have to be made to ensure that happens.
    Last edited by Furberstreet; 10-05-2017 at 03:46 PM.

League one establishment is definitely a good aim to have. However, aims are just that and a sense of realism is needed. We have a small catchment area. There seems to be a ceiling on the number of people who actually can be bothered to support their 'local club'. Any non-local 'investor' may not have his eyes on a football future. All of these factors should be considered. But I agree we should aim to establish ourselves in League One.

Agreed, and its better to establish ourselves there using the Rochdale route (or the one we have used in the past) than the Smurthwaite or Orient route - ambition is great, but it has to be based on reality or we should be careful what we wish for.....

Sugar daddies are great, unless and until they get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    ........in what can only be described a very poor league........

Imagine what Forest Green Rovers must be feeling right now!
    Mixed emotions, promoted from a poor league into a VERY poor league.
    They must be wondering how that works - I know I am ..... ?!!

Aim = Title/Promotion

Hope = Play offs

Minimum Expectation = Top Half

One thing we can predict with certainty is the invasion of our forum next season by Vale supporters.

Thanks for that thought, Furber!! Mind you, if they have the sort of season that many of them are predicting they may well stick on their pith helmets and keep their heads down!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12