+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lge2 title next season?

The Lge2 title next season?

Gotta be the aim.
    COYR!!!

I'll go for that aim but unless we get a few players who can dish it out or at least stand up to the bullies I'll be satisfied with aplay-off challenge.

Flirting with the playoffs next season. Cannot see us being strong enough for outright promotion challenge. Of course, a few astute signings to improve and toughen us could change that.

Please please let us get our heads out of the clouds . The current squad is a long way off good enough to be considered promotion material. We need several players in who can graft in this division and not shy away from the hard style of play that is required sometimes to win matches.DA has worked magic in turning a poor squad around but the real hard bit comes now when he has to wheel and deal . Do the board back him with cash or do we hear the usual, we have identified our targets but they got better offers from bigger clubs .Then we sign just before deadline day the left overs and start off poorly again. I want to see the board backing DA with money .

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Please please let us get our heads out of the clouds . The current squad is a long way off good enough to be considered promotion material. We need several players in who can graft in this division and not shy away from the hard style of play that is required sometimes to win matches.DA has worked magic in turning a poor squad around but the real hard bit comes now when he has to wheel and deal . Do the board back him with cash or do we hear the usual, we have identified our targets but they got better offers from bigger clubs .Then we sign just before deadline day the left overs and start off poorly again. I want to see the board backing DA with money .
    The board have not backed the manager for the last 4 seasons, so what is going to change?

There will be a budget which will i imagine be created by players moving on. The board don't have limitless funds to be able to "buy promotion" and the club is built round having an Academy which provides us with the bulk of the team and that is as it should be. Dario always said we go where our players take up and whilst at times it was frustrating to hear that, it was quite the right approach

Not getting too carried away as a lot of work is required with this team. Looking at it we was only 5 wins from the play-offs in what can only be described a very poor league.
    If DA/KL/NB find and sign the right players that will help the youngsters then I cannot see a very good top half finish for next season but it is all down to the right player/character.
    Defence is the biggest achilles heal that needs sorting out, an experienced defender and a proper right back is required (if Turts leaves) midfield we require experience again to aid Jones & Wintle and upfront is the one that the management team need to get right as we cannot fully rely on Daggers for the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    There will be a budget which will i imagine be created by players moving on. The board don't have limitless funds to be able to "buy promotion" and the club is built round having an Academy which provides us with the bulk of the team and that is as it should be. Dario always said we go where our players take up and whilst at times it was frustrating to hear that, it was quite the right approach
    We've all had enough of the 'we'll go where our players take us' line.
    It smacks of no real ambition and gives the impression that the academy is the most important thing at the club...more important than the progress of the first team.

I would suggest that the Academy has sustained the first team over recent years and has kept the wage bill respectable. We have better chance of some success because of it and we certainly can't afford to be signing journeymen pros as has been proved in recent years

Year on year we hear that the budget has been reduced to buy players. The premiership is awash with money whilst the lower leagues do struggle . Our board manages the club and the revenue it produces other clubs have directors who will invest into the club . JB says the club will only be sold to someone local who has the same values as there is now at the club , in that case there will never be a sale with conditions like that attached and we will be in the lower leagues for the foreseeable future. I justy see our club surviving and having little ambition to move forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast