+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Optimism

Optimism

Very interesting reading Proggs Stats, it feels like the Artell era has been so much better than the Davis one, but the stats aren't as good as I would have imagined. However the football at Gresty Road has been so much more entertaining, and we have to take a lot from the away win at the eventual Champions of the league, and the performance,if not the result at Plymouth.

There are a lot of reasons to be optimistic I think, some of the youngsters do look like they will cope, Callum Ainley and Charlie Kirk are starting to look the part. Ryan Wintle has been excellent in the games I've seen. I also like Zooms, who seems to take a lot of flack, and Billy Bingham has been excellent since he came back from injury, and what a job he has done as a makeshift centre half, ably supported by Perry Ng.

No doubt some will get carried away, talk already of being Champions, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. It will surely be sufficient to do ok, playing more attractive football, while the youngsters, and the Artell/Lunt management team establish themselves.

No,'ok' isn't good enough.
    We want and expect the club to be going all out for the title.
    No more faffing around.Look at the table and the company we're amongst.Morecambe,Barnet,Yeovil,Crawley,etc....Tin pot Central.
    Not good enough.Must do better.

Why do we expect more? Don' t be unrealistic then you won't be disappointed.

Here's some other teams for you, Hartlepool, Orient, Tranmere etc

I'm with you all the way, Spartan. Great to have some entertainment to watch of late even though Barnet and Orient allowed us to play, to some extent - but you still have to do it. I don't go to away games these days but, by all accounts, there was plenty to be proud of at Plymouth too.

Whilst it should be our aim to get promotion, it isn't the be all and end all. We have some exciting young players to get behind next season. Big Dave needs to strengthen the defence and get a midfielder who can do the dirty stuff against the Stevenages and Newport of the division, but not at the expense of those players that you highlighted, as well as Jones, Cooper, Wintle and the even younger ones. Yes, we must do better, but we are moving in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Why do we expect more? Don' t be unrealistic then you won't be disappointed.

Here's some other teams for you, Hartlepool, Orient, Tranmere etc
    And here'so some more teams: Burton,S****horpe,Rochdale,Burnley,Watford,Swansea .
    Think high.

Basically we need our youngsters to have a bedding-in season (and not be sold) and to have some people around them who can throw their weight around and not be intimidated. We have shown that when playing other footballing teams we can hold our own. The trouble is when we play against the bruisers and sly teams. Is Grant(or similar) available to come back?