+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This will make Tricky smile

This will make Tricky smile

Out this morning cycling with my two sons under pouring rain....must be phucking mad! After a 70k ride and at 500 metres from home my front wheel slides under me on a roundabout and I came chrashing down. End result a broken hip and a fractured vertebrae. This is my second serious cycling accident since 2 and a half years. I will probably turn it in now as too phucking old to take further risks. It's a shame because it's a fabulous sport.

Sorry Frenchie to hear about your injuries.
    Not sure why you would think it would make me smile though.
    To be fair i have always said i respect cycling as a sport but my only gripe is with cyclists who don't obey the highway code.
    Get well soon Mate

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick View Post
    Sorry Frenchie to hear about your injuries.
    Not sure why you would think it would make me smile though.
    To be fair i have always said i respect cycling as a sport but my only gripe is with cyclists who don't obey the highway code.
    Get well soon Mate
    True it was a bit silly thinking you would smile. After a bad day it has turned out very good... with the 'Wall going to Wembley...though I will not be able to make it.. operation on my hip and probably total rest for the vertebrae...and to cap it all the xenophobe Le Pen gets well and truly stuffed by Macron. Thanks for your wishes..cheersFL

Aww sod tricky FL you made me laff and laff just Alf to go

No seriously mate I hope you make a full recovery rapidly and hope Alf takes note and rides with care

Sorry to hear that Frenchy mate,I wished youa speedy recovery ..I've been cycling around the costas in Lytham st Anne's and Southport the last ten days..Besutiful clear skies with a strong cool breeze,greet with the wind behind you but bloody hard work when against you.. Just did about 150 miles in total as it was the first outing of the year for the bikes.. Saddle sore now..lol

cycled to Crosby near Liverpool one day to see those 100 statues on the beach by Anthony Gormley,worth a trip if anybody hasn't seen them..

Sorry to hear of your l'accident monsieur Frenchie. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thanks everybody for your best wishes. I was operated on my femural "neck"? (Not sure what it is in English !) and was replaced with a new one made of titanium. Should be out of hospital on Friday. No more intensive cycling for me,which I will really miss but I will probably replace that by swimming and long walks. Cheers FL

Pleased to see that youre treating your misfortune as a new opportunity. There's a lot of folk could learn from that. Nowt wrong with long walks; you get an opportunity to enjoy this great counry of ours. Speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Out this morning cycling with my two sons under pouring rain....must be phucking mad! After a 70k ride and at 500 metres from home my front wheel slides under me on a roundabout and I came chrashing down. End result a broken hip and a fractured vertebrae. This is my second serious cycling accident since 2 and a half years. I will probably turn it in now as too phucking old to take further risks. It's a shame because it's a fabulous sport.
    Sorry to hear that frenchie.
    Maybe it was a bit soon to have taken the stabilisers off.

Good to hear you had a speedy & successful op Frenchie. Will it be total nude through airports now to prove you're not carrying a weapon?

Hmmm there's another joke there too