+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Hughes

I trade him for Jota.

Keogh has been a little bit like a headless chicken this season, time for him to move on to pastures new. Bryson a few seasons back would have been the first name on the team sheet but now seems miles from where he was, and when we signed Jonno I thought we'd got a right bargain, then he just went from awesome to well below average. I don't know what happens to players here but they seem to go quickly down the nick very quickly! Saying that when Jim Smith was signed up as manager I thought what have we done here, then he turns into the new messiah. What do I know about football!!!

Trade Hughes for Jota, you must be joking! Jota is overated worth £2million tops!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Keogh has been a little bit like a headless chicken this season, time for him to move on to pastures new. Bryson a few seasons back would have been the first name on the team sheet but now seems miles from where he was, and when we signed Jonno I thought we'd got a right bargain, then he just went from awesome to well below average. I don't know what happens to players here but they seem to go quickly down the nick very quickly! Saying that when Jim Smith was signed up as manager I thought what have we done here, then he turns into the new messiah. What do I know about football!!!
    Three years since Bryson earned his keep imo.
    Shouldn't put yourself down, don't think anyone was too impressed by Jim Smith's appointment. Unfortunately a pleasant surprise seems to have become the exception rather than the rule for us.

Jota is 'overrated' you having a laugh if you think he is worth £2m ManOfPride. Was you watching the Brentford game against Derby, where he scored 2 goals against us.... no! I bet you didn't and I tell you know that he has been one of the most outstanding individuals in the Championship this season and a player that is on the rise.

Worth at least £12m.

Will Hughes worth around £8-10m tops plus you add the £2m add-ons on top of the trade and Jota is as good as ours.

He'd thrive under Warburton's passing game, he's definitely not a Rowett player.

I'd put bid in in the summer.

Newcastle Utd were even interested in Ince, wether they still interested in buying him or not in the summer is the question, hell I even throw Ince in instead of Hughes which will be a straight swap, no add-ons seeing as they both worth around the same price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Jota is 'overrated' you having a laugh if you think he is worth £2m ManOfPride. Was you watching the Brentford game against Derby, where he scored 2 goals against us.... no! I bet you didn't and I tell you know that he has been one of the most outstanding individuals in the Championship this season and a player that is on the rise.

Worth at least £12m.
    Not a player for me, when he went on loan to Eibar he played 19 games for them and didn't score one goal, Blackmans record is better than that. I know he can be good on his day but so can most players. I'd do a swap for Russell but a swap for Ince or Hughes your having a laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Not a player for me, when he went on loan to Eibar he played 19 games for them and didn't score one goal, Blackmans record is better than that. I know he can be good on his day but so can most players. I'd do a swap for Russell but a swap for Ince or Hughes your having a laugh!
    Fair point that. Football is littered with 'one hit wonders'...footballers who come off at one particular club or who fans get over excited about on the basis of seeing them have one spectacular game. Blackman at Reading is a classic example, but Jota seems to have failed every time he's tried to make the step up in Spain. Having said that, I'd do the Russell swap - plus a couple of million - but for Ince or Hughes...no thanks.

Dyche is a good judge though...seldom wastes his money.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 09-05-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)