+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so what next?

so what next?

So the dust is starting to settle on what was a heart breaking day for a rovers fan but what next?
    The next few weeks will determine what the lay of the land will be and after seniors resignation today I feel there is trouble at mill
    What about our great owners will they stay or go?
    in an ideal world they will sell up and take the debt with them however I have a sneaky feeling the plug will be pulled
    administration will rid us of the cluckers but will in turn finish us off
    I will wait for Mowbray to go next then I will start to panic a little
    this will be a very telling month in this club's history
    one thing is for sure as long as there is a club left I will be supporting it.

The guy who has just been on Sky sportsnews got it right with what he said,don't know his name but he had an offer for the club turned down by the Venkys ..He said they be to be removed ASAP by any means possible..

Not 100 percent how administration works in terms of getting rid
    I take it venkys would be gone but what about the debt owed?

I would think taking a gander at what transpired at other clubs that have gone into admin would give a clue.
    For my simple understanding of this sort of situation, the owner relinquishes ownership of the said business and with that the debts. Then the administrator takes control of all of the assets and auctions them out in order to capture as much of the debt owing as possible and that then is transferred to those loanee's.
    Of course thats Venkys and / or bank, or both.
    Them being high flying business people I would imagine that they've set up some protective measures against this (legally or otherwise) where they are hoping to minimize the loss as much as possible.
    Of course there is nowhere near 110m or so value within the club, so the hit is/would be mega mega large.
    Its a case of watch this space I suppose.

Ewood park?training facilities?and of course the academy
    could they be sold off?I think I saw somewhere they cannot sell ewood due to it being owned by the community.

Not sure which thread to reply to.
    I was half-joking when I said to Despair that Venky's would come out the next day and pledge continued support...and now they've done just that!
    Senior has jumped ship immediately, and some of TM's comments are clearly directed at the owners. Will he get away with that, or is he deliberately preparing for departure as well?
    To go back to the owners' statement, you have to give them credit for sheer, hard-nosed cheek. 'Iceberg? What iceberg" - as the captain of the Titanic said!
    They talk about a "sad day", but there is not a single mention of responsibility. It would be hard to believe...if we hadn't seen it all before.
    If I put my optimist's hat back on, I might start to think that they are genuinely going to re-invest, and back a promotion-push, including proper support for the manager.
    In the real world, however, I strongly suspect that the song below will remain the Club's theme-tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_mPc38WGiU

Hey Aucks (and to any other home fan on here as well), what are the hopes and thoughts at the moment eh, gut feeling and all ?
    Can you see a play off challenge next season in Lg One, or just further mid table frustration ?
    Ive no idea who these Venky's are and I can say the same about the Oyston's at Blackpool, I am a neutral fan here and I can only go on what Ive heard etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Aucks (and to any other home fan on here as well), what are the hopes and thoughts at the moment eh, gut feeling and all ?
    Can you see a play off challenge next season in Lg One, or just further mid table frustration ?
    Ive no idea who these Venky's are and I can say the same about the Oyston's at Blackpool, I am a neutral fan here and I can only go on what Ive heard etc.
    Acido - only guessing, of course, but I think we should be able to mount a top-six challenge. I'm sure we'll see a few players leaving, but no-one irreplaceable (although I'd be sorry to lose Mahoney). I assume all the loanees will be gone, but we actually have quite a reasonable base, and a very good crop of youngsters. To be honest, I'd like to see Mulgrew as captain with the team built around him. He represents a calm head and a touch of class, even if he is slightly past his best. We have had too many panickers and headless chickens over the last few years.
    In fact, of course, this season's points-tally would have been enough to keep us up in eight of the previous ten seasons, and we got there after an absolutely disastrous start. Typically, as well, other results went badly for us on the final day. I know a lot of people dislike him, but say what you like a bout 'arry Redknapp, he does seem to have a magic touch!
    Same old problem, though: Venky's. None of us have a clue about their motives for clinging on, or about their intentions. The Club will find it hard to recover - in a wider sense - while they are still around.
    If I hit the big one in the NZ Lottery, I might buy the club myself! (Of course, I would insist Dunny was back in the team. I thought he looked very fit on the touchline yesterday!)

Aucks, the only slightest positive thats come out of this is a re-energising of this board !
    Although i do wonder where Dan an Moony are ��?

As said so so so many times now (in response to Acido) with venkys in charge there is absolutely no way of 'guessing' - what next.

Much of the discussions on LT forum is over rules re; FFP in lg 1 and its said/suggested that at this level the owners/directors can 'gift over' unlimited sums that are lodged as income ???
    IF that is the case then yes it is feasible (even in Venkys warped world) that a very good challenge for immediate return could be mounted. Unfortunately with them still in charge the swelling of the support necessary I still dont think would happen as the bad feeling towards them is irreparable for very very many.
    They need to be gone (after this 'grand gesture' obviously).

I for one feel with the correct players coxed to stay (financially)and a few tweaks here and there I can't see why a top 6 finish is not feasible
    a mass clear out is required and with Tony Mowbray overlooking it (atm)I feel ok about this
    as for the clueless ones you just cannot call their intentions
    It's just them to invest after we have got relegated
    do we need to though?a few players contracts will need to be looked at but apart from that along with a good youth base we should be ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)