+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ****Retained List****

****Retained List****

Hardly any surprises

Offered Contracts
    - George Ray
    - Jon Guthrie
    - Oliver Turton
    - Perry Ng
    - Oliver Finney
    - Dave Richards
    - Danny Hollands

Released
    - Ben Nugent
    - Billy Bingham
    - Harry Davis
    - Callum Saunders
    - Marcus Poscha
    - Andy Dawber

Looks about right. Heard that Turton wants to go and Guthrie seems content to look elsewhere. Surprised that Richards is being retained Priority should be to find a good young keeper to push Garrett. Ng has done well since being given his opportunity. No surprises in the released list except I have no idea who Marcus Poscha is. Definitely time for Saunders to move on.

Should Garratt be unchallenged number one?

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Looks about right. Heard that Turton wants to go and Guthrie seems content to look elsewhere. Surprised that Richards is being retained Priority should be to find a good young keeper to push Garrett. Ng has done well since being given his opportunity. No surprises in the released list except I have no idea who Marcus Poscha is. Definitely time for Saunders to move on.
    Marcus Poscha,signed from Bury probably to enable the club to fullfill there under 23 fixtures, similar to the lad Yates from Everton and Bullock from city.

Thank you for the info about Poscha. The official site lists Hollands as NOT being retained.

Sorry, now see on the BBC's website that Artell is quoted as saying to Radio Stoke that Hollands will be offered a deal.

Saw on Sky last night that Stoke City announced a pre-season friendly against the Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Sorry, now see on the BBC's website that Artell is quoted as saying to Radio Stoke that Hollands will be offered a deal.

Saw on Sky last night that Stoke City announced a pre-season friendly against the Alex.
    It will be a Stoke City XI so majority will be U23's

About right but disappointed to see Bingham released arguably our best midfield player certainly better than Jones, but that's not difficult, so I don't see the sense. I know we have good players coming through in midfield, but you need to keep your better players and with Jones an ever present in the team, for reasons I have not worked out yet, then you need some decent players to play alongside to cover his mistakes.

James Jones IS one of our best players.

Artell has stated Bingham wants to return to South