+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Origins.

Origins.

I have taken an interest in my genetic background. I am a first generation immigrant, my parents were Italian and Russian. My mother came from north eastern italy close to Slovenia. That area is a crossing point between central europe and eastern europe, and has been fought over again and again by the Austrians, the Germans, Hungarians, and Italians, and ruled by them. My aunt traced our family line back to a count from southern austria, but having said that, there is slav in there from my grandfather who was slovenian, Slav is short for slave apparently, as well as the others i would think.

The slavs invaded north east italy in about 600. Before that the area was populated by the mongols, so somewhere i will have that too. My father who is bielorussian is a slav too. I never thought there could be a link between the two but there is. Amazing. I will be doing that ancestry test but havent got round to it yet.
    Has anyone done any research into their families.?

Aye, you've deffo got some mong in you, Francis.

That's really not a very nice word to use kel,I don't like it all

It doesn't mean what it did in your day, chalks, you just need to be doon with the kids like I am.

Quote Originally Posted by kel_ View Post
    Aye, you've deffo got some mong in you, Francis.
    phook me ,you beat me to it Kel.. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by chalkyncfc61 View Post
    That's really not a very nice word to use kel,I don't like it all
    it was a very popular word in my youth Chalky along with retard..

Grandad on my mums side was from Yorkshire, all the rest off of my family are from Southampton, gran on my dads side being half Romany. My family name derives from Nottinghamshire. Nothing quite as glamorous as the Walter Mittylike fantasy Frank just spun tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    it was a very popular word in my youth Chalky along with retard..
    Yes Alf,but that doesn't make it right does it,it's incredibly offensive in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by chalkyncfc61 View Post
    Yes Alf,but that doesn't make it right does it,it's incredibly offensive in my eyes
    Absolutely Chalky..

Arf. Pents is have pikey.

I divvent really care where I came from. my old man's from Stoke and the old dear is from Bolton, that's as exotic as it gets.

I watched that long lost family thing with Davina last neet where they introduce missing brothers and sisters after fifty years apart and stuff. It all got very emotional and teary. If I found I had an have brother I didert know about or summat, I really couldert give an toss and wouldert be mithered at all to gan and meet them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)