+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Agents!

It's their wish to do so, they don't have to have agents.

I rest my case, M'Lud

Fair point... case closed.

Andy Holt sums up my point about the way football is run nowadays....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39874533

Its good that he supports your view and does so in public 😊 Shame he didn't credit you though.

I agree that its money ruining football - but not just agents. Agents are but a small part of an unsustainable model.

There are a lot of things in general that is wrong with modern day football. He secretly credited me with his views top man, anyway hopefully things will change overtime.

FA and FIFA to look into the issue with agent fees and then address the matter, when they have come to a full gone conclusion. Dam! right they should...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39882054

I posted this yesterday but someone deleted it!

Fifa to investigate payments..........yeah right!

This has only come up today Stenson....

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    If football is to be ruined it will be by the money in the game, not just by the greed of one (small) sector of the industry. I can honestly say that the premiership carries no interest for me (as a follower of a team outside the elite), but I suspect that cannot be said of many football supporters. Premiership football would doubtless survive totally empty stadiums as match day revenue is of reducing importance so it can survive a few agents ripping off gullible players / clubs.

In the interest of balance, I am sure there are many agents out their who give their clients a good service and enhance the industry's reputation. I am not sure I could name them though!
    agency in general is a strange profession, and I think estate and recruitment agency will wither on the vine as alternative means of engagement are developed. 'Talent' management like this is a different matter though, and I don't see it declining - nor can I see sporting bodies or governments achieving control. The huge amounts paid to agents are obscene but (on the whole I guess) legal. My only anecdote on football agents as people is via a friend of mine who is an agent in the music biz, in footy terms 'top six championship' level. He says he has seen acquaintances try to get a foothold in football agency, hard-nosed experienced people, and simply get 'spat out of the machine' (his words) because despite their skills they were completely out of their depth.

I share your lack of interest in Prem football, and I'm not sure it would be rekindled even if Derby were promoted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)