+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby opting out of new EFL digital venture to go it alone

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    No worries about the Brexit effect then Andy? I regularly go to one of the villages above Nerja in Axarquia. Utterly beautiful...anywhere near?
    You should buy it and move there Mangara - then you could remain in the EU contentedly: in fact you could sublet a room to Swale as well

I think you miss the point, we'd like to remain in a prosperous open minded UK in the Eu not live elsewhere!

I thought that this was to do with the RamsPlayer software. I had an email a fortnight ago saying my direct debit will be stopping as the service is due to be updated, but Derby weren't going to be taking up the new standard format. So don't see it as anything but a change to the current software package. Hopefully it will still be affordable and not akin to a sky sports package.

Some clubs have their own TV Channel for example Chelsea TV, MU TV, Liverpool TV and Arsenal TV etc to air matches and interviews on, would be great if we had a similar format.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    You should buy it and move there Mangara - then you could remain in the EU contentedly: in fact you could sublet a room to Swale as well
    You think I should buy a village? I was a mere teacher...nothing as ***** or financially rewarding as accountancy unfortunately ...but I am in complete agreement with Swales' answer.

I imagine property prices in Spain will be on the rise with Brexit looming. I assume all the EU extradition arrangements would fall apart as a consequence? Costa del Crime could be on the rise 😊

I imagine property prices in Spain will be on the rise with Brexit looming. I assume all the EU extradition arrangements would fall apart as a consequence? Costa del Crime could be on the rise ��
    Not sure about that Rog. Don't know enough about property prices there...stopped looking a while ago...but I would imagine that question marks over such things as reciprocal health service arrangements etc and possible Brexit fuelled animosity amongst the locals makes the prospect of owning abroad slightly less attractive.
    If he has a potentially decent property in the right location though I still both envy and admire Andy.

I imagine property prices in Spain will be on the rise with Brexit looming. I assume all the EU extradition arrangements would fall apart as a consequence? Costa del Crime could be on the rise ��
    Eh no extradition nothing to do with Brexit, separate deals done with different countries, which is why we seem so keen to allow our nationals to be extradited to the states but the states aren't keen on reciprocating!

Afraid that I must press the uh-uh button on you here Swale.

In 2002 the EU created the European Arrest Warrant, a fast-track system for extraditing people from one EU country to another. It was rushed in as part of Europe’s response to the terrorist threat, and was meant to help tackle serious cross-border crime more effectively. There are separate extradition treaties in place between Spain and non EU countries.

I think we tinkered with aspects of the EAW under the Lisbon Treaty but essentially by leaving the EU we will leave the EAW system (unless its a soft Brexit "buy in option") and have to reinstate individual extradition treaties with those states who we wish to and indeed who wish to have one with us.

I'll hold my hand up to that one, though Brexit will not necessarily mean the end of extradition, and of course there is no reason why as part of the negotiations the existing arrangements or something very similar cannot be agreed upon, so don't think the crims should be thinking their retreats in Spain will be beyond the reach of the law just yet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)