+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vets.

Vets.

Coming down stairs this morning Molly was at the bottom of the stairs, and a large bluebottle suddenly appeared. It tried to fly outside through the front door. Molly leapt up and in one go and ate it. Molly had been diagnosed, in ten seconds flat by our vet as having the fly catcher syndrome, during a physical, and immediately said she needed anti convulsants.

I gnored that, she fly catches sporadically, sometimes going for days without doing it. Where Molly came from they must eat flies to survive. But our knowledgable vet thought we should spend a fortune on drugs, and have a dopey dog. For no reason.
    The lesson here is that vets will s crew you for every penny youve got. Ive known some fair and good ones, but generally not. Generally they will take your money and harm your dog. Anti convulsants over a long period will shorten a dogs lifespan. Dont take anything they say as gospel.

A slav

I'd agree with this in the most part. Friend of mine was told that her horse would need a 6k operation when it was clearly about to die anyway. Our bet is pretty good but always wants to hike the bill up with unnecessary extras.

You deserve to be ripped off by the vets if you took Molly there just because she ate a fly,if I swallowed a fly I wouldn't book myself into a doctors and waste their time,I do seem to remember a story from my childhood that involved a woman that swallowed a fly and it got totally out of control and died,maybe you did right Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge View Post
    I'd agree with this in the most part. Friend of mine was told that her horse would need a 6k operation when it was clearly about to die anyway. Our bet is pretty good but always wants to hike the bill up with unnecessary extras.
    What happens if something as large as a horse dies,who do you phone up?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkyncfc61 View Post

You're not supposed to bury them yourself. Most round our way use the meat man at Watson dairy, he'll either put it down or if it's already dead, he'll take it away. Costs £300-£400.

Tescos

Quote Originally Posted by funny_flopbags View Post
    Tescos

Meat man will pay between £15/£30 for tinpot horses and then send them off of to France.

Meat man will pay between £15/£30 for tinpot horses and then send them off of to France.
    How does it cost £300/400 to take it away but then pay £15/30 for the horse?
    Where do you in live Pents,is it in the country?

How does it cost £300/400 to take it away but then pay £15/30 for the horse?
    Where do you in live Pents,is it in the country?
    Live in quite a rural area now Chalky. The £300 pound chap has to dispose off of the body in the proper manner. The chap that pays £15 for your old nag is normally at an auction (Say Beaulieu Road in the New Forest) and takes a transporter load over to the French. They're both known as the mat man but are different people. My other have is well into horses and competing with them etc, I'm a bit off of an townie tbf.

Live in quite a rural area now Chalky. The £300 pound chap has to dispose off of the body in the proper manner. The chap that pays £15 for your old nag is normally at an auction (Say Beaulieu Road in the New Forest) and takes a transporter load over to the French. They're both known as the mat man but are different people. My other have is well into horses and competing with them etc, I'm a bit off of an townie tbf.
    What does she compete with them over?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)