+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tin Pot Outfit

New building went up yesterday according to Warney, they must be tall and for weights and Polly.
    Attachment 4445
    Last edited by millertop; 11-05-2017 at 05:11 PM.

DV is right to bring this up.

We all assumed that the Chairman had seen the light when he announced upgraded training facilities and then we hear this.

We are supposed to be a professional football club with ambition and we use wooden huts as training facilities.

It's pathetic if true and the red flags are flying early.

MMMagic may accept this standard but most supporters will not and will vote with their feet.

Wooden huts..FFS

Peanuts galore!

Shock horror Kempo agrees with someone criticising the club.
    Well I never.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    DV is right to bring this up.

We all assumed that the Chairman had seen the light when he announced upgraded training facilities and then we hear this.

We are supposed to be a professional football club with ambition and we use wooden huts as training facilities.

It's pathetic if true and the red flags are flying early.

MMMagic may accept this standard but most supporters will not and will vote with their feet.

Wooden huts..FFS

Peanuts galore!
    Stalking galore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    Only reporting the facts. There needs to be full transparency in terms of deliverables versus spiel this year otherwise we will have another shambles of a season.
    You are only reporting the facts? Is calling us a 'Tin Pot Outfit' a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller View Post
    I suppose that's a matter of opinion but even the most ardent supporter would have to admit that a lot of the "behind the scenes" stuff is pretty amateurish.
    However, I think the people in charge realise that a lot of things are unsatisfactory and are at last trying to do something about it.
    The club doesn't own the training ground so any improvements to the facilities are unlikely to involve permanent structures.
    I just hope that the plans they are putting in place will significantly enhance the training environment and the players will respond accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    And before you come back with your forensic line of questioning, there in NO planning permission for any permanent facility on that space. Incremental indeed.
    Well if there is no planning permission allowed what is the club supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller View Post
    The title is my opinion but the body of the post is factual.

Perhaps a more appropriate title would have "Our Chairman thinks putting 3 Portcabins on the training ground constitutes a proper professional training facility".

I am really disgusted by the way we are being lead at the moment as you can probably tell and for the record, I don't expect multi-millions of pounds of investment. I would just like some honest and accurate direction so I can have faith in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well if there is no planning permission allowed what is the club supposed to do?
    Does he mean that there can't be any planning permission or that there is currently no planning permission because there is no planning application?

My guess is the latter.

the building wasn't suppose to be permanent anyway so I don't know what your point is

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast