+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tin Pot Outfit

[QUOTE=Donald_Valley;38524673]Only reporting the facts. There needs to be full transparency in terms of deliverables versus spiel this year otherwise we will have another shambles of a season.[/QUOTE

How can transparency in terms delivery versus spiel have any impact on performance? Its what happens in the transfer market, training ground and matches that will impact on what kind of season we have. Unless you about 50 million quid or can deliver a state of the art ground s just wait and see what happens eh?

'Tin pot' is obviously a relative term, we could be called tin pot in relation to our more affluent and illustrious Championship colleagues but in League 1 hopefully not. That said, TS has tried to talk up the club's fortunes and prospects, probably with season ticket sales in mind, whilst evidence on the ground has strongly belied many of his statements. And there's no doubt the New York Stadium masks several behind-the-scenes shortcomings.

Burton stayed up this year, they have no training ground. They train at the stadium and once a fortnight at St Georges park (although they have to get changed in their cars or on a bus)
    Source: N Clough, Talksport 9/5/17

Two of the comments on here made me smile.
    Personally I think we should aim to have better facilities than those of World War II and Burton Albion!
    Just my opinion.

I also think we should have a new training ground but I don't know in and outs of cats arse but I can guess guest and chrimes is hampering TS's plans

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Two of the comments on here made me smile.
    Personally I think we should aim to have better facilities than those of World War II and Burton Albion!
    Just my opinion.
    Mellow, Burton are now a divison above us in the league. It has been suggested that players wouldn't sign for us because of our training ground, well they signed for Burton with at least 1 player (Michael Kightly) choosing them over us!
    I would rather have the ****test training facilities in the championship than the best in league 1.

Most players wouldn't.

They spend most of their time at the training ground and want a good environment.

Saying that, there's a pub and a golf club and a decent chippy just down the road, could be worse.

Mr Clough Senior once went wappy at the Forest board for removing a snooker table from the players "facilities" - he said they played hours on it - kept them out of trouble.

We can all remember that "they didn't have........back in the day".....

But it's NOT back in the day....is it !

These "units" have come on leaps & bounds from bog standard 'Portocabins' but you get what you pay for.

PW is after 2 physios - which are the hands that heal....these are the "investment"... a bench to lay on is £100.

But - it's a step in the right direction.

We look with envious eyes and quote Sheff-U & Barnsley......but they spent Premiership money.....wisely. We haven't been there ...yet !

Any idiot can throw money at it...but I believe TS looked at the pennies required for a sustained assault at the championship and gasped....a definate change in philosophy took place this year and we were down as soon as Warnsey took over....by design....pure "organic growth" from now on and patience will be needed.

Look at Blackburn - Bolton.....we don't want that worry.....but supporters need to dream a little or it all turns into a charity for old players - and charity begins at home as far as I'm concerned.

If these buildings are constructed by Portacabin then they will be built to last.

Take prety much every McDonald building built nowadays if they are not a refirb of an existing building then they are constructed by Portacabin. Or at least they were when I last visited.

The McDonald buildings are built at York to the spec required and then shipped and assembled within days. It'll be fit for purpose! It's a massive step forward compaired to a shipping container!

Only because it has electric lighting

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast