+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Fishing

I went fishing last year twice. I will not be going again. The fishing thing below brought Shakespere to mind, so i dug up a quote from the bard.

The quality of mercy is not strained
    It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven.
    Upon the place beneath, it is twice blest
    It blesseth him that gives, and him that takes
    Tis mightiest in the mightiest
    It becomes the throned monarch better than his crown
    But mercy is above his sceptred way,
    It is enthroned in the herts of kings.
    It is an attribute of god himself.

My stepdad used to take us* fishing in Wales when we* stayed at my grandparents' caravan, Francis. I found it an bit boring tbf but the clubbing off of the heed off of an caught fish were mildly anmusing.

I'd imagine I'd quite enjoy it now I'm an bit older though.

They wasn't that bothered about teaching us much about Shakespeare in inner city Nottingham in the 70's Frank but they did teach us how to spell his name tbf

Meh. Arf.

I am surprised. I thought you were an animal lover. Apparently not Chalky. Kel, if there was a 0.5 per cent chance, out of one hundred, that a man standing next to you would tap you hard with a hammer, on the head, would you be as amused? Lets say we use a dice. The odds will roll with every fish you catch. I bet not.
    Then there is empathy, and the destruction of a beautiful thing. Imagine the horror that fish is going through. Yes i know, your going to say they dont have feelings. Even though they try and get away.
    Karma is a cast iron law. The universe will feed back to you what you feed it. You will get yours.
    Having said that i eat meat. I would not though if i had to kill it.
    Life isnt easy. Is it.

I certainly am an animal lover (Noooo kel) why do you suggest that I'm not?

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    I am surprised. I thought you were an animal lover. Apparently not Chalky. Kel, if there was a 0.5 per cent chance, out of one hundred, that a man standing next to you would tap you hard with a hammer, on the head, would you be as amused? Lets say we use a dice. The odds will roll with every fish you catch. I bet not.
    Then there is empathy, and the destruction of a beautiful thing. Imagine the horror that fish is going through. Yes i know, your going to say they dont have feelings. Even though they try and get away.
    Karma is a cast iron law. The universe will feed back to you what you feed it. You will get yours.
    Having said that i eat meat. I would not though if i had to kill it.
    Life isnt easy. Is it.
    It tasted geet ace with lashings off of vinegar.

Hope that helps.

Please don't fish too much Frank.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...od-threat.html

Chalky, The reason i think you are cruel to animals is because there is a picture of you holding a large fish out of the water. Do fish qualify as animals in your mind? A percentage of fish DIE after being caught through stress or injury. Then there is bait, are you using live bait?, worms, maggots or small fish?.
    It all counts. Even a maggot doesnt want to be drowned or pierced by hooks.

All this suffering so that you can indulge your hunting instincts. So much for St Chalky. If you stop fishing because ive shamed you into it, its not good enough. You need to stop only because you realise the carnage you are creating. Pia.

I am intending to start fishing again this summer. I willn't be terwatting on of them on the heed though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)