+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Lambert?

An interesting article posted by Tim Spiers in the last hour, Wolves are allegedly in talks with former Valencia and Porto manager/head coach Nuno Espirito Santo. He is also a client of Jorge Mendes.

I just want to see the managerial situation sorted as soon as possible.

More Info Click Here

It looks like an announcement will be made some time tomorrow regarding Lambert's future according to Tim Spiers on twitter. Nuno Espirito Santo is likely to take over and is expected to bring in his own people.

Oh well.

Back to square one then probably.

Yet again.

He's got a solid track record of success. And I imagine he'll produce more exciting play than Lambert. I wanted to keep Lambert if it meant another journeyman like Zenga. But that's not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    He's got a solid track record of success. And I imagine he'll produce more exciting play than Lambert. I wanted to keep Lambert if it meant another journeyman like Zenga. But that's not the case here.
    Solid track record of success?
    Where? At clubs that were already successful?

I'm not particularly bothered what he has done in Portugal or wherever, the English Championship is a totally different animal.

We need stability ffs, all clubs do. If this happens it will be our forth manager/coach in a less than a year.

Saying that, when the inevitable happens, I wish Santo all the best

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Solid track record of success?
    Where? At clubs that were already successful?

I'm not particularly bothered what he has done in Portugal or wherever, the English Championship is a totally different animal.

We need stability ffs, all clubs do. If this happens it will be our forth manager/coach in a less than a year.

Saying that, when the inevitable happens, I wish Santo all the best
    He is probably Rio Ave's most accomplished coach in their history. He has Valencia's only good decent in a tumultuous recent past. And he got Porto to the knockout stage of Champions League this season and finished second in the league. I don't know how that wouldn't be considered a successful track record.

He will definitely have an adjustment period but I'd rather have him than Lambert. Better players will want to play for Santo over Lambert IMO. The latter is has done absolutely nothing since Norwich. Other than playing a boring brand of football at three different clubs. I was optimistic after hearing him talk about his sabbatical in Germany but it was incredibly disappointing to see him produce the same boring footy as the late jacket era.

And we will need some stability. Which is why I'd rather have a change now than mid season. No reason to give Lambert and transfer window and 10-15 matches if none of the owners/backroom staff have faith in him.

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article...s-3726604.aspx

It's official. Lambert is now gone. Along with Rob Edwards, Stuart Taylor and Tony Daley. Club says that a new manager will be announced "in due course". So if rumors are true and Nuno Espirito Santo is lined up, I imagine that we will have an announcement before the weekend.

Feel sorry for the bloke regardless of his hit and miss record.

Begs the question, if Lambert didn't fit the model, why the feck get rid of Zenga and employ him in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Feel sorry for the bloke regardless of his hit and miss record.

Begs the question, if Lambert didn't fit the model, why the feck get rid of Zenga and employ him in the first place?

I get this terrible Groundhog Day feeling that we'll be looking for another Lambert in 6 months time help rescue another 'Train wreck' season.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    I get this terrible Groundhog Day feeling that we'll be looking for another Lambert in 6 months time help rescue another 'Train wreck' season.
    My thoughts exactly.

But hey, fck Wolves. As long as Jorge Mendes is getting a good future deal out of this, who cares?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)