+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Lambert?

Paul Lambert?

When I first heard the news in The Telegraph yesterday I just thought it must be a slow news day on the football desk at the paper, but the more that comes out it seems the story was leaked..... and the more you think about that it looks like the most likely leak is Lambert himself. If that is true then it's good us, the fans, know about it because if Fosun are again relying on Mendes to bring in players it means they haven't learned anything from the debacle of last season and Zenga! What makes it even worse is the fact they would be complicit in dealing with a man who has more conflicts of interest than Donald Trump! Even so, if it is true then Lambert has also almost certainly sealed his own fate and I don't expect him to survive the weekend. here we go again!

The Fosun circus continues.
    It stopped touring for a few months but now it is back and this time it's bigger and more spectacular.

Like him or loathe him, Paul Lambert has been sh1t on from a great height from his last two clubs before Wolves.
    I don't think he would have took the job on unless he was at the forefront regarding transfer activity.
    If this is true (and I'm damn sure it is) Lambert will walk and fair play to him if he does.

You summed it up simply but perfectly.

Here we go again.

No surprise to me. The well used phrase 'Same sh*t different day' could have been invented for Wolves.

Joke club!

All I know is if they keep Saville then they can have my ST back!

Fosun own 20% of Mendes' agency GestiFute, If push comes to shove, i can't see Lambert remaining at Wolves if he is not willing to work with Mendes. With Lambert being an head coach, his main role is to try and get the best out of the players at his disposal. If the club don't allow him to bring in players that he has on his radar, then i do see a parting of the ways. Wolves are no better off now than they were under Kenny Jackett.

Don't like Lambert. Weird team selections and boring style of play. But I'd rather keep him than take another "rent a coach" and be looking for another new manager in 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Don't like Lambert. Weird team selections and boring style of play. But I'd rather keep him than take another "rent a coach" and be looking for another new manager in 6 months
    He's proved to be a Jekyll & Hyde type of head coach. We've seen the highs of wins at places like Stoke, Liverpool, Brentford, Fulham and Leeds, and then the lows of losing against Wigan and Blues.

Can someone please explain to me why Fosun are making such a fcuk up regarding their investment in Wolves. If they have no real interest in seeing us progress why did they bother in the first place? I'm not really sure they know what they're doing. Next season we'll probably get saddled with a new head-coach with a funny name who nobody's ever heard of..... in which case I think I'd rather stick with Lambert.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why Fosun are making such a fcuk up regarding their investment in Wolves. If they have no real interest in seeing us progress why did they bother in the first place? I'm not really sure they know what they're doing. Next season we'll probably get saddled with a new head-coach with a funny name who nobody's ever heard of..... in which case I think I'd rather stick with Lambert.
    Grizz,

For me the saying "Jobs for the boys" springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Grizz,

For me the saying "Jobs for the boys" springs to mind.
    Newcy, mate, it certainly looks that way. I dread to think what the fates (and Fuson) have in store for us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)