+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Close season holiday reports..?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Just arrived New York and staying not far from the NY Mets stadium. Hoping to explore into Manhattan tomorrow and then meet up next week with family for my aunt's 100th birthday party. She left our shores by ship from Liverpool in 1929 and has been back once to England in 1966. Am going to see if I can get her a belated birthday telegram from the Queen.
    That's a great story OC......Lots to do in Manhattan, if you get a chance, try a helicopter ride and a trip to Coney Island is also well worth it. Still takes me back to that great old film the "Warriors"
    When in Coney, visit Nathan's - World Hot Dog eating championship venue, think I'm right in saying C Chester still holds the record of 78 in ten minutes !!!
    I'm there in November for the NY Marathon, but currently sat around the pool in Corfu....all adults hotel

Quote Originally Posted by ThameClaret View Post
    That's a great story OC......Lots to do in Manhattan, if you get a chance, try a helicopter ride and a trip to Coney Island is also well worth it. Still takes me back to that great old film the "Warriors"
    When in Coney, visit Nathan's - World Hot Dog eating championship venue, think I'm right in saying C Chester still holds the record of 78 in ten minutes !!!
    I'm there in November for the NY Marathon, but currently sat around the pool in Corfu....all adults hotel
    The life some people lead...

Andre posts another snap on twitter, showing off his tattoos, but no one else in the mix.
    Looks lonely but spouting about equality being everything

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndreGray...053698/photo/1

Is he on holiday?

No! He has bought a fishing dow.

Spent a long day travelling on the subway from Flushing on Long Island to downtown Manhattan to visit the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. When we visited New York in 2011 the site was closed as it was being refurbished for the 10th anniversary of the attack. It has been a long wait getting there but worthwhile. It is still hard to imagine the sheer horror felt by those who witnessed and suffered in those appalling events but it is also humbling to witness the courage of the rescue services in the aftermath. 343 alone from the Fire Department of New York lost their lives trying to save lives.

Tomorrow we are promised a mystery tour around Long Island with a friend from Boston who has also travelled down to New York for my aunt's 100th birthday party.

Goodbye for now.

The Grenfell Tower tragedy reminded us outwood of the sheer terror of being trapped and helpless in horrific circumstances as you are witnessing the history of the tragedy in New York.

Enjoy your trip and stay safe?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Grenfell Tower tragedy reminded us outwood of the sheer terror of being trapped and helpless in horrific circumstances as you are witnessing the history of the tragedy in New York.

Enjoy your trip and stay safe?
    Yes BT the Grenfell Tower was very much in our minds yesterday as my wife and I toured the exhibit. There is almost no horror greater than being trapped in a burning building with no hope of escape. The terror of passengers on the planes as they realised they were going to be used as a human bomb. So many things that could haunt you and at the next turn make you thankful for the courage and humanity of strangers who would die to save you.

We are safe and looking forward to the rest of our trip.

Have a great time Outwood, could not get enough of Manhattan when I went although I did not look forward to it as I thought it would be full of loud outspoken yanks, but nothing could have been further from the truth as everyone was O.K. and I enjoyed it immensely, going back again next year

Much better weather here in NY after the heavy downpours for the first few days. Trips out in the sunshine to Fort Totten built during the American Civil War to guard the entrance to the East River and then the Conservatory Gardens in Central Park. Caught the bus back down into Manhattan along Fifth Avenue past Trump Tower. Śeemed pretty quite there now the FLOTUS And Barron Trump have moved to the White House. I love using the subways and buses here. Very reasonably priced and everyone has been really helpful.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)