+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queens match records

Queens match records

Has anyone out there kept Queens match by match records from the seventies and eighties? I'm looking for some attendances and substitute appearances. Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    Has anyone out there kept Queens match by match records from the seventies and eighties? I'm looking for some attendances and substitute appearances. Any help appreciated. Cheers.
    Surely they are all in the archives at the Ewart Library - failing that Queens Historian Ian Black, a fellow Da'baty
    boy is 99 per cent sure to have them imo.

Good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Surely they are all in the archives at the Ewart Library - failing that Queens Historian Ian Black, a fellow Da'baty
    boy is 99 per cent sure to have them imo.
    The Standard were as inconsistent as the team when it came down to publishing match details.

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    Do you want crowd averages from that era ODB ??

At present the biggest stumbling block is substitute appearances. I am currently working through the years and at some point will stop and then make a note of what I need to complete certain seasons. Actual attendances are of more interest than average ones and then it is mainly away ones. Many thanks for your interest which is very much appreciated. Best regards.

Are you writing a new book about Queens ODB ..?

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    He's writing the Centenary book.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    I am doing a complete re-write of my previous Queens history to mark the club's centenary.