+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Heneghan to Rangers

Ben Heneghan to Rangers

According to the press and Sky sports Ben Heneghan is a potential transfer target for Rangers at least 2 other SPL teams are said to be interested.

Sounds like a busy agent....

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Sounds like a busy agent....
    My deid grannie's a potential signing target for Sevco !!

I'm not desperate to hustle Heneghan out the door but we'd be mad to turn down money for him. I doubt there's any truth in it mind.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    According to the press and Sky sports Ben Heneghan is a potential transfer target for Rangers at least 2 other SPL teams are said to be interested.
    of christ please please please .. i'll drive him tae Govan.

If anyone offers money for him get him out the door asap.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    If anyone offers money for him get him out the door asap.
    Based upon our current position and players we have in contract ... who do you suggest we play ?
    In addition club unable to attract players for variety of reasons over many years and IMO Heneghan a valuable asset who appears to have a value ! We have no one to replace him if he departs. We released players who in many eyes would have provided back-up following McManus injury, i.e. Laing. Playing McHugh central defence has badly affected our mid-field and a poor decision due to our lack of cover.

WHO have you in mind when post Heneghan and some others are sub-standard and to whom you’d welcome their departure. We play the players we can afford and willing to sign MFC and suggest this a shrinking market.

Rangers will be linked to majority players SPL and another speculative headline

Heneghan won't be sold before the seasons end so we don't need a replacement now. If you look at our goals conceded column that's all you need to see to determine we haven't got any decent defenders at the club. I know we have had injury problems in that department this season but before we had players out we were still leaking goals like a sieve. The main reason we are in the predicament we are in is because we have sub standard defenders and a sub standard goalkeeper as well. Heneghan may well be the best defender we have but in my opinion if a club offers money for him bite the hand off them. We have lost players far better than the likes of heneghan and survived. Also, if that is the calibre of player Rangers think will close the gap to Celtic they are really in for a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    The main reason we are in the predicament we are in is because we have sub standard defenders and a sub standard goalkeeper as well. ved. Also, if that is the calibre of player Rangers think will close the gap to Celtic they are really in for a hard time.
    The main reason we are in the predicament we're in is that we have a very weak central midfield and thats the root cause of our problems. Yes, we have a poor defence too.

Yes we have a weak midfield and you can't blame the defence solely as you lose as a team, but we are an absolute shambles at the back. Regardless of which league we will be plying our trade in next season i hope the money we get for Heneghan will help fund a half decent defence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)