shopify analytics
+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Intriguing developments

  1. #1

    Intriguing developments

    Aucks, Well, I'm going to assume that by the time you rise from slumber, you will be aware of the ruptions over in Pune and around about.
    It would appear the our esteemed owners are under the cosh from their version of HMRC.
    Dear oh dear, what a shock.
    Given the magnitude of this particular investigation it may well not be a simple case of they have forgotten to forward on their periodic large brown envelope on towards the relevant high ranking personages of that esteemed whiter than white body. If that was so I would have imagined it would have been a simple quiet visitation by their 'reminder staff'.
    This sounds a far more 'official approach' that may well evolve into a more public and followed by a more private repayment of 'dues'.
    The message boards (except this one?) are awash with thoughts, opinions, hopes, curses.
    How this could directly affect ourselves is impossible to say, but what we can be sure of is that for the moment and several days : day to day operations will be/are on hold. With that, it is not so hard to think that any urgent meetings discussions with us ie TM are a non starter. That could prove to be the death blow to any chance of taking us on for next term.
    It may well be simply that one / some of them have remembered a few million of those old bank notes , and tried to trade them in down at the local bank but in doing so can't remember just which agent furnished them with the said Wonga and more importantly haven't appeared on trading figures . Surely not ��
    Good or bad? We will have to wait and see!
    Last edited by Despair; 13-05-2017 at 07:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Aucks, Well, I'm going to assume that by the time you rise from slumber, you will be aware of the ruptions over in Pune and around about.
    It would appear the our esteemed owners are under the cosh from their version of HMRC.
    Dear oh dear, what a shock.
    Given the magnitude of this particular investigation it may well not be a simple case of they have forgotten to forward on their periodic large brown envelope on towards the relevant high ranking personages of that esteemed whiter than white body. If that was so I would have imagined it would have been a simple quiet visitation by their 'reminder staff'.
    This sounds a far more 'official approach' that may well evolve into a more public and followed by a more private repayment of 'dues'.
    The message boards (except this one?) are awash with thoughts, opinions, hopes, curses.
    How this could directly affect ourselves is impossible to say, but what we can be sure of is that for the moment and several days : day to day operations will be/are on hold. With that, it is not so hard to think that any urgent meetings discussions with us ie TM are a non starter. That could prove to be the death blow to any chance of taking us on for next term.
    It may well be simply that one / some of them have remembered a few million of those old bank notes , and tried to trade them in down at the local bank but in doing so can't remember just which agent furnished them with the said Wonga and more importantly haven't appeared on trading figures . Surely not ��
    Good or bad? We will have to wait and see!
    Not sure what to make of this.. Good or bad.?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Darkest Lancashire
    Posts
    27,726
    If it means getting rid of the Venkys it can only be good for Rovers whatever the cost..

  4. #4
    I think we're living in some kind of surrealistic cartoon-strip.
    Perhaps it should be called "The Plonkers of Pune".

  5. #5
    Turfy, Over the last nigh on 4 years or so I have struggled to understand Venkys aims and intentions, given the alarming and increasing debt.
    Now I am no accountant, but for me there are ways to offset profited tax liabilities against/with incurred debt.
    That is the only way I can get anywhere near any sort of understanding with the situation.
    That then takes me to just how their business empire is 'set up'.
    I have no idea! Therefore my good or bad? is directed towards that exact thing.
    On the good side it has no threat whatsoever and with this Venkys are somehow forced to off load us.
    On the bad side, we are directly involved and it ultimately destroys us as BRFC.

    I have no idea of the likelihood of either of these paths.

  6. #6
    Well who would of thought fit and proper owners are in fact not fit and proper to run a football club
    now what does this mean for us?
    probably not alot as any unpaid taxes will probably be paid via the under the table envelope
    any dreams of them upping sticks are pure fantasy
    however if the proverbial was to hit the fan the likelihood would be administration and that would put the very future of this club in massive jeopardy.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well who would of thought fit and proper owners are in fact not fit and proper to run a football club
    now what does this mean for us?
    probably not alot as any unpaid taxes will probably be paid via the under the table envelope
    any dreams of them upping sticks are pure fantasy
    however if the proverbial was to hit the fan the likelihood would be administration and that would put the very future of this club in massive jeopardy.
    Robin - if the worst comes to the worst, at least you have a new Football League team on your doorstep now - Forest Green Rovers!
    My home town is Gloucester (population: 125,000). What an irony that the Gloucester City club still languishes in non-league football, when Nailsworth (population: 6,000) has a proper Division Two team. The best of luck to them!

  8. #8
    The reason why I am called robin rover is due to Cheltenham being my local team
    I do try and watch Cheltenham when I have any spare time or not watching Blackburn rovers
    it is absolutely frightening that if venkys don't pull their finger out and stop this decline
    we could be in the same league and on Gloucester they are primarily a rugby town and football is pretty much a poor relation.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The reason why I am called robin rover is due to Cheltenham being my local team
    I do try and watch Cheltenham when I have any spare time or not watching Blackburn rovers
    it is absolutely frightening that if venkys don't pull their finger out and stop this decline
    we could be in the same league and on Gloucester they are primarily a rugby town and football is pretty much a poor relation.
    Don't I know about Gloucester being a rugby town, Robin! I first started going to Kingsholm with my dad when I was three.
    We didn't even have football-teams at my school - it was rugby only. I still managed to grow up loving both games, though.
    I didn't achieve the status of Rovers-supporter until I was about five or six, so I suppose you could say I came late to the sport!

  10. #10
    I was 7 when I went to my first football game which was the rovers and my love for them remained ever since
    I had friends up there and I made the trek pretty much every weekend.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Darkest Lancashire
    Posts
    27,726

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Is this intriguing linked in any way to my earlier one ??? Maybe not, but just as and maybe more so.
    But then again it could just be a housekeeping strategy in prep for life in div 1.
    However my inbuilt scepticism tells me these are the dark storm clouds looming.
    Unless in prep. to evaluate the club for a potential suitor (once free of all debt - yippee)
    We can but dream.

  13. #13
    Administration awaits
    yes we get rid of venkys but with a points deduction and still with a debt to pay it could be a very long road back.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Darkest Lancashire
    Posts
    27,726
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Administration awaits
    yes we get rid of venkys but with a points deduction and still with a debt to pay it could be a very long road back.



    Running costs 10m
    Wages 22m

    Income 7.5m

    Balance -24.5m

    Going to be a bloody sharp blade to cut that lot down

    Just hope that too many good local people don't lose their jobs because of the Venkys incompetence

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •