+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intriguing developments

Intriguing developments

Aucks, Well, I'm going to assume that by the time you rise from slumber, you will be aware of the ruptions over in Pune and around about.
    It would appear the our esteemed owners are under the cosh from their version of HMRC.
    Dear oh dear, what a shock.
    Given the magnitude of this particular investigation it may well not be a simple case of they have forgotten to forward on their periodic large brown envelope on towards the relevant high ranking personages of that esteemed whiter than white body. If that was so I would have imagined it would have been a simple quiet visitation by their 'reminder staff'.
    This sounds a far more 'official approach' that may well evolve into a more public and followed by a more private repayment of 'dues'.
    The message boards (except this one?) are awash with thoughts, opinions, hopes, curses.
    How this could directly affect ourselves is impossible to say, but what we can be sure of is that for the moment and several days : day to day operations will be/are on hold. With that, it is not so hard to think that any urgent meetings discussions with us ie TM are a non starter. That could prove to be the death blow to any chance of taking us on for next term.
    It may well be simply that one / some of them have remembered a few million of those old bank notes , and tried to trade them in down at the local bank but in doing so can't remember just which agent furnished them with the said Wonga and more importantly haven't appeared on trading figures . Surely not ��
    Good or bad? We will have to wait and see!
    Last edited by Despair; 13-05-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Aucks, Well, I'm going to assume that by the time you rise from slumber, you will be aware of the ruptions over in Pune and around about.
    It would appear the our esteemed owners are under the cosh from their version of HMRC.
    Dear oh dear, what a shock.
    Given the magnitude of this particular investigation it may well not be a simple case of they have forgotten to forward on their periodic large brown envelope on towards the relevant high ranking personages of that esteemed whiter than white body. If that was so I would have imagined it would have been a simple quiet visitation by their 'reminder staff'.
    This sounds a far more 'official approach' that may well evolve into a more public and followed by a more private repayment of 'dues'.
    The message boards (except this one?) are awash with thoughts, opinions, hopes, curses.
    How this could directly affect ourselves is impossible to say, but what we can be sure of is that for the moment and several days : day to day operations will be/are on hold. With that, it is not so hard to think that any urgent meetings discussions with us ie TM are a non starter. That could prove to be the death blow to any chance of taking us on for next term.
    It may well be simply that one / some of them have remembered a few million of those old bank notes , and tried to trade them in down at the local bank but in doing so can't remember just which agent furnished them with the said Wonga and more importantly haven't appeared on trading figures . Surely not ��
    Good or bad? We will have to wait and see!
    Not sure what to make of this.. Good or bad.?

If it means getting rid of the Venkys it can only be good for Rovers whatever the cost..

I think we're living in some kind of surrealistic cartoon-strip.
    Perhaps it should be called "The Plonkers of Pune".

Turfy, Over the last nigh on 4 years or so I have struggled to understand Venkys aims and intentions, given the alarming and increasing debt.
    Now I am no accountant, but for me there are ways to offset profited tax liabilities against/with incurred debt.
    That is the only way I can get anywhere near any sort of understanding with the situation.
    That then takes me to just how their business empire is 'set up'.
    I have no idea! Therefore my good or bad? is directed towards that exact thing.
    On the good side it has no threat whatsoever and with this Venkys are somehow forced to off load us.
    On the bad side, we are directly involved and it ultimately destroys us as BRFC.

I have no idea of the likelihood of either of these paths.

Well who would of thought fit and proper owners are in fact not fit and proper to run a football club
    now what does this mean for us?
    probably not alot as any unpaid taxes will probably be paid via the under the table envelope
    any dreams of them upping sticks are pure fantasy
    however if the proverbial was to hit the fan the likelihood would be administration and that would put the very future of this club in massive jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well who would of thought fit and proper owners are in fact not fit and proper to run a football club
    now what does this mean for us?
    probably not alot as any unpaid taxes will probably be paid via the under the table envelope
    any dreams of them upping sticks are pure fantasy
    however if the proverbial was to hit the fan the likelihood would be administration and that would put the very future of this club in massive jeopardy.
    Robin - if the worst comes to the worst, at least you have a new Football League team on your doorstep now - Forest Green Rovers!
    My home town is Gloucester (population: 125,000). What an irony that the Gloucester City club still languishes in non-league football, when Nailsworth (population: 6,000) has a proper Division Two team. The best of luck to them!

The reason why I am called robin rover is due to Cheltenham being my local team
    I do try and watch Cheltenham when I have any spare time or not watching Blackburn rovers
    it is absolutely frightening that if venkys don't pull their finger out and stop this decline
    we could be in the same league and on Gloucester they are primarily a rugby town and football is pretty much a poor relation.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The reason why I am called robin rover is due to Cheltenham being my local team
    I do try and watch Cheltenham when I have any spare time or not watching Blackburn rovers
    it is absolutely frightening that if venkys don't pull their finger out and stop this decline
    we could be in the same league and on Gloucester they are primarily a rugby town and football is pretty much a poor relation.
    Don't I know about Gloucester being a rugby town, Robin! I first started going to Kingsholm with my dad when I was three.
    We didn't even have football-teams at my school - it was rugby only. I still managed to grow up loving both games, though.
    I didn't achieve the status of Rovers-supporter until I was about five or six, so I suppose you could say I came late to the sport!

I was 7 when I went to my first football game which was the rovers and my love for them remained ever since
    I had friends up there and I made the trek pretty much every weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)