+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 500 transfer rumours that might need a taxi ordering...

500 transfer rumours that might need a taxi ordering...

In TEC's continued absence, I thought it might be worth starting a thread where everyone chips in on what they hear, read and pick up on the rumour mill regarding ins and outs at Turf Moor..?

At the 500 mark I suggest we stop and see who has actually left the club and who has arrived.

Sources would be handy and not guaranteed to be laughed at.

[B]E.g. my best mate's uncle is a doorman at the KSC110 Club and he has heard Kevin McDonald was in having a pint discussing his move back here (or not!)

Here's the taxi we will be using, please feel free to start the rumour mongering..?

Attachment 4466

You can get more on one of these and they are a lot cheaper.....

OK! Time to get serious.

Just seen Gary Neville's sister (the England netball international) at the Crofters in Bolton and she says Gary said it's nailed on Keane is going back to Old Trafford.

I asked her what her brother Phil thinks and she said Phil doesn't think a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    You can get more on one of these and they are a lot cheaper.....

Lol,...Blackburns away travel for next season?

Burnley manager Sean Dyche has warned the club's supporters not to expect them to spend big in the summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz4h5tUxZnj

Sounds sensible logic to me!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Burnley manager Sean Dyche has warned the club's supporters not to expect them to spend big in the summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz4h5tUxZnj
    I don't know how a manager can make that comment at this time.

Does he mean that there will be no new money available or that any transfer spend will come from transfers out?

Or does that mean that if we have funds from transfers out only some of it will be spent--or none of it?

What happens if we lose 3 or 4 players --will they be replaced at all--or will they be replaced on the cheap?

I cant see Keane; D4 or Gray staying. Joey already gone and our squad is thin enough already.

With little new blood promised we will be in the same position or even lower next year.

Great reason for optimism.

I have to be very honest and say that the spending (or lack of it) doesn't worry me, because Mr Dyche won't buy 'fancy' players who cost a lot. So we may as well buy Championship players who are limited, but dependable.

There is nothing wrong in attracting players on a free transfer who really want to make it in the EPL. Scotty Arfield has never done us any harm apart from missing a sitter on Saturday!

Wonder what Acido thinks about this one..?

https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/tyk...r-1851173.html

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    I don't know how a manager can make that comment at this time.

Does he mean that there will be no new money available or that any transfer spend will come from transfers out?

Or does that mean that if we have funds from transfers out only some of it will be spent--or none of it?

What happens if we lose 3 or 4 players --will they be replaced at all--or will they be replaced on the cheap?

I cant see Keane; D4 or Gray staying. Joey already gone and our squad is thin enough already.

With little new blood promised we will be in the same position or even lower next year.

Great reason for optimism.
    If you actually read the quotes in the article and ignore all the typical sensationalism, he doesn't make that comment at all. What he actually said was that the club will continue to spend within its means because we don't have wealthy benefactors who can spend hundreds of millions of their own money, which isn't something we don't already know.
    Last edited by Primitive; 15-05-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)