+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 500 transfer rumours that might need a taxi ordering...

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think your earpiece is maybe getting some static BT, I believe Britt is still on at the moment.
    Earpiece spot on. Knee knack not needed! Gotta lotta interest in Jota though!

News coming from Teesside is that Assombalonga has failed the medical...Unsure if true but treeforest (or whatever!) is going to get some right stick if the news is correct!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    News coming from Teesside is that Assombalonga has failed the medical...Unsure if true but treeforest (or whatever!) is going to get some right stick if the news is correct!
    I have heard the same,also not sure how true it is..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ
    ·
    5m

BREAKING NEWS: Middlesbrough sign striker Britt Assombalonga in club-record deal from Nottingham Forest. #SSN

BBC, Daily Mail and Sky all guessing the fee as £14m. We know different though, eh?

If he come to us....what a signing - but if he goes to them - he's a big slow overweight knee knacker.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

If he come to us....what a signing - but if he goes to them - he's a big slow overweight knee knacker.

Well I was wide of the mark with my assumptions of Britt.

I cannot understand it really, if the stories are true that he wanted Premier League Football then why go to a Championship Club ?

And again "if" the story of him getting £60,000 or so a week, what can you do with £30,000 a week more, its sheer greed and if that's the real reason he's gone to Middlesbrough I'll be keeping an eye out for them every game this coming season and hope they fail miserably, you can say its sour grapes if you want but in my eyes its pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Well I was wide of the mark with my assumptions of Britt.

I cannot understand it really, if the stories are true that he wanted Premier League Football then why go to a Championship Club ?

And again "if" the story of him getting £60,000 or so a week, what can you do with £30,000 a week more, its sheer greed and if that's the real reason he's gone to Middlesbrough I'll be keeping an eye out for them every game this coming season and hope they fail miserably, you can say its sour grapes if you want but in my eyes its pathetic.
    Not wishing any harm whatsoever to the greedy little bar steward but I would just love it if the old patella tendinitis kicks in again. Paying anywhere near to £15 million quid for a player with a history of knee knack is a gamble I am really happy we were not prepared to take.

As for Forest? A grubby little outfit who I hope we do not bother contacting ever again. All the talk of we won't sell to any of our promotion seeking rivals? Bollox!

If you read the reports it wasn't as much as forest allowing the transfer to a rival as much as a release clause activated in his contract. If Burnley and Dyche are not prepared to pay the fees involved then the players won't come. £15m for a player nowadays is not a lot of money. As for watching their results each week it's a bit sad an pathetic, they are a championship side and their results or position has no effect on us. £35m is what they have spent so far so looks like they are at least prepared to spend some of the premier league money they got while we sit with our tail between our legs wondering who we can get in on a shoe string.

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)