shopify analytics
+ Visit Aston Villa FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1M budget

1M budget

Not too concerned if I'm honest. We have quite a lot of excess that will raise further funds but it's about time we made the most of what we have. We certainly haven't this season.

I felt the same when I read it. Sanchez Gil Vertout Richards and McCormack should bring in enough in for new signings.
    Apparently Barry is a done deal and he would only command a tiny fee or free. A few more like that and were good to go.
    Striker two midfielders keeper and a center back is needed. Terry Henandez Barry Delph and Shilton.

Not sure where the figure of 1 million came from, its a bit silly as you may as well say 'Nothing' to spend!
    Its obvious we are not going to be able to spend 50 or 60 million again until we reach the promised land. Bruce like his previous managers has wasted good money and needs to recoup to balance the books.

Sanchez, Gil, Vertout, Tshibola, Elphick, Amavi, should bring in at least 25-30 million, now if Bruce can find 4 quality players for that then he is doing well.

We wont be selling Maccormack as we cannot afford to right off 12 million and he is now vitally important as Hogan is struggling and we have lost Koj this year! Barry may come in but I cannot imagine a team with both him and Jedi?

So, I would not read too much into what this rag has stated about spending freeze as its next headline was saying we should buy back Delph for 6.8 million....
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 14-05-2017 at 08:58 AM.

If we brought Barry and Delph I'm pretty sure we would get promoted next season. It's exactly the quality we need. Another person I would bring back is Sinclair. He's doing really well at Celtic.

We should raid Hull for Huddleson Henandez and Davies

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    We should raid Hull for Huddleson Henandez and Davies
    Terry, Barry, Delph, Shilton,Sinclair,Huddleson, Henandez & Davies

Brilliant -so its just the bare 8 required ? your estimate for their wage bill ? your calculation (to the nearest say 10million) to write off the players they are replacing ? answers on a postcard to The Swansea School of Economics

Obviously not all of them but one or two would be nice.

Obviously not all of them but one or two would be nice.
    Sorry Bongo, it read like you were on footballs equivalent of Dales supermarket sweep

Let me guess the couple you'd opt for – my money is on Barry & ol Sneaky Snake ?

Correct

Correct

http://www.*************.co.uk/router.asp?7522978

Bongo, taken from your other forum, as you can see people are getting the wrong idea and deducing their own version of events. Tony Xia and Villa have not been in the championship for this 3 year rule to take effect! The loss was to do the take over of the club and dealings with Mr Lerner!

Anyway, SB should get some additions and I would have thought what Xia has stated was bloody obvious to all, get rid of the deadwood and the players out on loan first before you buy as the squad will be massive and the wage bill alone would not be viable. Its basic math(s)

Well we cant have everything Where would we put it ??

Sinclair's a decent shout and I think Gil would contribute more than Grealish over the season.

Ross McCormack's situation is the big one for me, no-one's going to write off what we paid for him so he & SB are going to have to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Sinclair's a decent shout and I think Gil would contribute more than Grealish over the season.

Ross McCormack's situation is the big one for me, no-one's going to write off what we paid for him so he & SB are going to have to make it work.
    Totally agree with that WCV