+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feature: Clarke-Harris ... deadly or disappointing?

Hang on ...who was our fitness coach

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Fitness is going to be a key priority next season, what we need and what we've needed for some years is a first class fitness coach.
    Hang on .......are you saying our new manager has been a crap fitness coach......yep i totally agree .When you look back at some of our games this season our players have looked tired and unfit ...but we have to remember Warne is a legend and we cant criticise legends .

Can you please show me where it says you can't criticise Warne?

Shouldn't take you long to find it.

JCH could be one heck of a player with lots 'in the locker' - the key question is can he show it on a regular basis? I hope for his sake and ours that the answer is 'Yes' - over to you, JCH, and the coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Davis_(Millers_ View Post
    Deadly disappointing

Does anyone else think that JCH can only play one way?
    When he's bothered, he puts himself about but just wants to be physically dominant and whack the ball as hard as he can. He was like that when he arrived and 3 years later he's still the same, his all round game hasn't progressed at all.
    Quality strikers have craft and subtelty and can mix their game up. Their movement and reading of the game allows them to get tap ins as well as score long range efforts.
    JCH has some way to go to become an all round striker so I hope Richie Barker can improve him and coach a bit of guile into his game.

The fitness coach goes on what the manager wants, when,where,time etc so maybe that's why our players weren't up to the usual standard (Warney could only do what he was told).
    Now that Warney is the manager I'm expecting the players to be in tip top shape.

Are we getting a new fitness coach? In fact who is the coach? On official website it states manager,assistant manager, interim first coach Hamshaw and Breckin.
    I though Warney said Hamshaw is his coach???
    Last edited by millertop; 14-05-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    The fitness coach goes on what the manager wants, when,where,time etc so maybe that's why our players weren't up to the usual standard (Warney could only do what he was told).
    Now that Warney is the manager I'm expecting the players to be in tip top shape.

Are we getting a new fitness coach? In fact who is the coach? On official website it states manager,assistant manager, interim first coach Hamshaw and Breckin.
    I though Warney said Hamshaw is his coach???
    I wouldn't trust that website if it said it was about Rotherham United 😕

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    When he's bothered, he puts himself about but just wants to be physically dominant and whack the ball as hard as he can. He was like that when he arrived and 3 years later he's still the same, his all round game hasn't progressed at all.
    Quality strikers have craft and subtelty and can mix their game up. Their movement and reading of the game allows them to get tap ins as well as score long range efforts.
    JCH has some way to go to become an all round striker so I hope Richie Barker can improve him and coach a bit of guile into his game.
    I know where you're coming from but i disagree, i think he has grown up somewhat after his injury, i think it's given him a kick up the jacksy, and from what ive seen already he's holding the ball up better, competing with the CB's and has won most stuff in the air. He will never be a subtle CF to be honest, but we should play to his strengths in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I know where you're coming from but i disagree, i think he has grown up somewhat after his injury, i think it's given him a kick up the jacksy, and from what ive seen already he's holding the ball up better, competing with the CB's and has won most stuff in the air. He will never be a subtle CF to be honest, but we should play to his strengths in my opinion.
    I still think he needs to add something different to his game though MM because if he doesn't he'll remain too predictable.
    If he out-muscles his opponent he's a right handful but if he can't do that he looks ordinary and drifts out of the game.
    Examples of all round centre forwards at both ends of the football spectrum are Didier Drogba and Adebayo Akinfenwa.
    Both are colossal men but they have craft and guile in their game and I would like to see JCH develop a bit of that too.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post

He'll learn him how to turn as fast as an oil tanker then...ha..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12