+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Claude Puel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Claude Puel

So what do you reckon, stick or twist?
    He's done alright hasn't he, surely deserves another season??

The fate of Scum managers is generally decided by which middle of the road Prem club decides they want them. I could see Stoke (they want Hughes out) being an offer Puel finds hard to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart View Post
    The fate of Scum managers is generally decided by which middle of the road Prem club decides they want them. I could see Stoke (they want Hughes out) being an offer Puel finds hard to resist.
    Or Wigan perhaps?

Well they got rid of him. Can't say I'm surprised, I mean he nearly won them a trophy. That doesn't sit well with this lot.

Rather than the one dimensional post above I hope the next Manager brings exciting football, has sufficient kudos to hold on to key players, has a long term future, builds and develops on our magnificent structure and academy, builds year on year success on our league status, builds further expansion of Saints in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown View Post
    So what do you reckon, stick or twist?
    He's done alright hasn't he, surely deserves another season??
    According to The Times today he'll be gone by next week.
    From the outside this will look harsh seeing as were going to finish in the top 10 and got to a cup final, but the negative way he has had us playing, 17 goals at home this season, the ridiculous rotation (8 changes on Wednesday ffs) and the pathetic Europa campaign its the right decision imo

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint View Post
    According to The Times today he'll be gone by next week.
    From the outside this will look harsh seeing as were going to finish in the top 10 and got to a cup final, but the negative way he has had us playing, 17 goals at home this season, the ridiculous rotation (8 changes on Wednesday ffs) and the pathetic Europa campaign its the right decision imo
    Serves to illustrate how expectations change with fortune.
    Four consecutive PL top 10 finishes is not too bad really.
    Five years ago not many of us would have predicted it.
    Saints have at times been very entertaining but mostly disappointing this season.
    Stick or twist ?
    I'm no cautious conservative, but the names being muted as possible replacements ?
    I'd say stick.
    It may all be academic anyway if when the Chinese arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Serves to illustrate how expectations change with fortune.
    Four consecutive PL top 10 finishes is not too bad really.
    Five years ago not many of us would have predicted it.
    Saints have at times been very entertaining but mostly disappointing this season.
    Stick or twist ?
    I'm no cautious conservative, but the names being muted as possible replacements ?
    I'd say stick.
    It may all be academic anyway if when the Chinese arrive.
    Can't disagree with any of your points and i'm satisfied with where we are in the league.
    Whilst i understand it's not been easy for Claude as i don't think he's been backed enough by the board and his assistant was a very poor appointment
    But i really don't think he's learnt from mistakes made this season and most importantly the players, to my eyes haven't bought into his ways of playing the game
    That would be very difficult to turn around now even if he has a fully fit squad to select from next season

Hope all is well with you and yours btw

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint View Post
    Can't disagree with any of your points and i'm satisfied with where we are in the league.
    Whilst i understand it's not been easy for Claude as i don't think he's been backed enough by the board and his assistant was a very poor appointment
    But i really don't think he's learnt from mistakes made this season and most importantly the players, to my eyes haven't bought into his ways of playing the game
    That would be very difficult to turn around now even if he has a fully fit squad to select from next season

Hope all is well with you and yours btw
    Well thanks and you ? Was thinking about you and your Dad when we were navigating the Basingstoke canal recently.
    Agree that the players have underperformed at times and he hasn't had much luck or support.
    I could see him accepting an offer in France and leaving by mutual consent.
    I would like to see some stability in the coaching and management at Saints but finding the right fit is difficult.

After the trip to Middlesbrough the previous week I thought an 8th finish and a cup final was good enough but after the reaction of some around me, and some on the pitch, on Sunday I've a feeling it could be all change again in the summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast