+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warne on the budget and non-league targets - proper link

Bogs - totally agree but I'm worse than you......I consider PW's points total inflated by 12 points due to Wigan - Norwhich - QPR being at the very bottom of their poorest form of the whole season and Ipswich playing their kids team ....
    ( according to the travelling Ipswich complaints )

So taking those 12 points from Warne's total points gained in 30 games is shocking. I MEAN SHOCKING !

It may be harsh to say that but realistically two managers got the sack soon after losing to us - Holloway and McCarthey.....slated by fans and Holloway started to use "Park the Bus" tactics for his team and with some success after his team collapsed against us.

So are we running a cresch or a professional football team ?

If it's the latter PW should not have been shortlisted let alone got the job.

PW's appointment was complete and utter capitulation - with no thoughts of survival and that's extremely worrying.

But this season - with our good squad
    ( we were VERY short of numbers this time last season ) the players should be better than competitive....so Warnsey's skill will be masked....so a happy ( full ) squad should be OK....

But a manager on an in-job train scheme supported by a less than successful manager is a risk !

Ref : "It is often said a manager learns more in the bad times than the good, in which case Crawley Town’s Richie Barker is currently receiving a fast-track education."

"The League One side have neither scored a goal nor won a point in four matches"

Let's hope RB has learnt a lot since then !

We'll probably win the league !...lol

So we have been relegated since beginning of season been talking early to players but we still haven't made a signing

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    So we have been relegated since beginning of season been talking early to players but we still haven't made a signing
    No I won't listen to 'there's still time'

And let's not forget we need to get a new head of medical and assistant

Add that point that we managed to steal a point from Zola's Birmingham by scoring in 8th minute....Zola sacked and Birmingham were dross....and we stole a draw.

As a FAN of many decades those lucky points were scoffed at as a giggle - we played crap and got something...lol

Sadly - I'm looking at the actual performances of the team under a manager elect and the sums / performances simply don't add up - especially when you look at the pertaining conditions or facts.

But he still gets the job.....even or particularly "As a FAN" you can't be happy with this situation.

But league one is a different world in football terms isn't it.....2 x six figure transfer targets this week according to the Advertiser.....that could equate to £100, 000 each then.....I'll be alright come kick off....lol

85th minute.....gonna get an I-Phone...lol

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Bogs - totally agree but I'm worse than you......I consider PW's points total inflated by 12 points due to Wigan - Norwhich - QPR being at the very bottom of their poorest form of the whole season and Ipswich playing their kids team ....
    ( according to the travelling Ipswich complaints )

So taking those 12 points from Warne's total points gained in 30 games is shocking. I MEAN SHOCKING !

It may be harsh to say that but realistically two managers got the sack soon after losing to us - Holloway and McCarthey.....slated by fans and Holloway started to use "Park the Bus" tactics for his team and with some success after his team collapsed against us.

So are we running a cresch or a professional football team ?

If it's the latter PW should not have been shortlisted let alone got the job.

PW's appointment was complete and utter capitulation - with no thoughts of survival and that's extremely worrying.

But this season - with our good squad
    ( we were VERY short of numbers this time last season ) the players should be better than competitive....so Warnsey's skill will be masked....so a happy ( full ) squad should be OK....

But a manager on an in-job train scheme supported by a less than successful manager is a risk !

Ref : "It is often said a manager learns more in the bad times than the good, in which case Crawley Town’s Richie Barker is currently receiving a fast-track education."

"The League One side have neither scored a goal nor won a point in four matches"

Let's hope RB has learnt a lot since then !

We'll probably win the league !...lol
    Lol lbj. Take the rest off as well and ask the EFL if next season they can arrange the fixture list so that we don’t play anybody who will be on a bad run of form just incase we happen to beat them.

We’ve had 3 managers this season, 2 had all the uefa badges/licences (1 having plenty of championship experience the other having won the champions league with a team of 16 year olds who had been expertly coached by he and his highly qualified backroom staff) and a fitness guy with a blue peter badge and his mates.

Now, all 3 of them had shocking points totals but we know which one came out on top - don’t we?

I'm used to managers talking gobbledegook but can someone explain to me the significance of PW's statement to the effect that "We can afford a couple of players but plenty of other teams in the division are recruiting without spending a penny." What point is he making here? I have concluded that what he means is that if we don't end up spending the mythical six figure sums and just get in few freebies that won't disadvantage us because most other L1 teams are doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Players in contract who can go. Broadfoot one way or another won't be here next season. Price, Belaid, Taylor & Blackstock surplus. D Ward if right offer comes in will be sold.

Worst case scenario we're left with all the players who were lacking last season & Vaulks is sold.
    I`d agree with most of that though we should give Taylor a try next season.From memory, he scored around 15 goals in his last league 1 season.,

Rotherham - I'm simply writing to get answers from discerning Rotherham Fans.....the idiots are what they are but some on here genuinely know their football and in particular Rotherham United.

This forum is all in confidence - no one else can read it so I vent my spleen from time to time.

It's akin to a sonar measuring the response to it's signal....and therefore mapping "the bigger picture".

Sadly....most people say "points total"...but no mention of performances - individual mistakes - new squad - early season v end of season ( AS v NW ) which was a different ball game.

Mitigating circumstances are ***** !

The first day losses of Freck's & Captain Kirk....we're massive losses to that early form and Halford - Kelly - Woods and Smallwood were all off the pace!

That's 6 ( SIX ) of the core squad AS inherited either out or misfiring!

That meant that the new squad - loans and freebies were more heavily tested in battle when they were for development purposes. Frog made some good points regarding the circumstances of this season - all quite reasonable but again..........mitigating circumstances !

I think Stubbs main fault was planning for a long season - a three year project and in doing so he was experimental!

Incremental !

Different formations - players tested in other positions etc.....what good managers do....NW threw the kitchen sink at it.....bringing in players for the NOW.....PLAYING FOR THE NOW!

But at the end of the season we were in full swing...key players fit and players brought in to do a job.

That's probably why Freck's couldn't run this year.

The teams on poor runs were well documented...

Ipswich fans saying they played a kids team

Wigan calling for managers head -

Birmingham - Zola out

QPR....went to play "Park the bus" tactics after they lost to us to stabilise the ship.

Norwich - manager NO MORE

So....that's real - and those points are NOT REALLY a good measure of our manager outwitting the opponents.

Yes a win is a good win....but....?

JUST taking those points as - let's say "fortunate" - PW's points are dreadful.

Yeah life's a pitch....when young UTM - I want to see a little quality these days and watch a team I can see / understand what they're trying to do.....this seasons logic aludes me.

Stubbs was Sh!t doesn't quite do it for me knowing what I know from other research - problem is we'll never know what happened and that bugs me....a lot...lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast