shopify analytics

Bet for FREE on football and win real cash bet4F is changing the game

Thread: Gary Naismith

Gary Naismith

I see on Pie & Bovril that Naismith is arguably the 'best' player to ever manage Queens, his 46 caps is apparently more than all our other managers combined. Hard to compare different eras, and good players don't necessarily make good managers etcetc. We'll see what next season brings.....

Still plenty fans not convinced he's the best man for the job . He's a big job on his hands to replace the players he's already released

PS - it's NAYSMITH not Naismith

He did a better job than Yogi Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Still plenty fans not convinced he's the best man for the job . He's a big job on his hands to replace the players he's already released

PS - it's NAYSMITH not Naismith
    Apologies!!

Get a right - back signed up Gary as that position is not for Kyle Jacobs who had an excellent season in his midfield role

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Get a right - back signed up Gary as that position is not for Kyle Jacobs who had an excellent season in his midfield role
    Hopefully Mercer gets a good pre season under his belt and improves at right back in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Edqos1 View Post
    I see on Pie & Bovril that Naismith is arguably the 'best' player to ever manage Queens, his 46 caps is apparently more than all our other managers combined. Hard to compare different eras, and good players don't necessarily make good managers etcetc. We'll see what next season brings.....
    Don't think that stat is accurate mate - Wilson 22, Connolly 1, Shearer 4, McGarvey 7, Herd 5, Hunter 3, Husband 1, Farm 10

Don't think that stat is accurate mate - Wilson 22, Connolly 1, Shearer 4, McGarvey 7, Herd 5, Hunter 3, Husband 1, Farm 10
    I'd meant to check this myself, someone else had suggested this was the case but it's not a stat that could be checked quickly. Would also make the point there are more internationals played now, and dare I say recent Scotland teams weren't quite as good as some back in the old days. However, undoubtedly Naysmith played at a high level for a considerable time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edqos1 View Post
    I'd meant to check this myself, someone else had suggested this was the case but it's not a stat that could be checked quickly. Would also make the point there are more internationals played now, and dare I say recent Scotland teams weren't quite as good as some back in the old days. However, undoubtedly Naysmith played at a high level for a considerable time.
    Let's not forget Allan Johnston and his 18 caps for Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Let's not forget Allan Johnston and his 18 caps for Scotland
    Completely forgot about Magic J. so that makes the posting on Pie and Bovril even more inaccurate ! !

I think you could also add Joe Dodds to that, as he had a player/coach role way back in time. On the subject of Dodds, a trivia question - he had a pub in the town when he plays for Queens, which one?

Quote Originally Posted by ODB View Post
    I think you could also add Joe Dodds to that, as he had a player/coach role way back in time. On the subject of Dodds, a trivia question - he had a pub in the town when he plays for Queens, which one?

Was it the Victoria Inn down the Vennel ..?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Was it the Victoria Inn down the Vennel ..?
    Spot on my man. Well done.