+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Friendlies

Pre-Season Friendlies

Leicester City to visit Molineux on July 29th. There are two away friendlies though before that against Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, July 22nd (3pm), and at Peterborough United on Tuesday, July 25th (7.30pm).

I will probably go to both the Shrewsbury away and Leicester City home friendly.

More Info Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Leicester City to visit Molineux on July 29th. There are two away friendlies though before that against Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, July 22nd (3pm), and at Peterborough United on Tuesday, July 25th (7.30pm).

I will probably go to both the Shrewsbury away and Leicester City home friendly.

More Info Click Here
    I'm still trying to work out exactly when I will be back this year but that Leicester game looks good, might just have to make that one.

The season proper starts in early August correct?

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I'm still trying to work out exactly when I will be back this year but that Leicester game looks good, might just have to make that one.

The season proper starts in early August correct?
    Yes Woody, the season kicks off on August 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Yes Woody, the season kicks off on August 5th.
    Cheers Gav, i will try and shape my trip so that I catch the Leicester game and hopefully a couple of league games.

Yeah ha! Throw another log cabin on the fire!!

As we say in Texas.

Wolves to play Werder Bremen on 12th July in Austria.

More pre-season friendlies announced today.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Pre-season schedule
    Wednesday July 12 - Werder Bremen (n), kick off TBA

Saturday July 15 - Viktoria Plzen (n), 6pm

Tuesday July 18 - Jablonec (n), 6pm

Saturday July 22 - Shrewsbury Town (a), 3pm

Tuesday July 25 - Peterborough United (a), 7.30pm

Saturday July 29 - Leicester City (h), 3pm

The U23s pre-season friendlies have been announced. I'm going to try and go to the AFC Wulfrunian and the Telford games.

More Info Click Here

I've been to the last two Academy friendlies, the 7-0 of AFC Wulfrunians and yesterday's 1-0 win at Telford. It was interesting to see Jordan Graham in the starting line-up yesterday. But he suffered a knock last week, so it couldn't have been that serious for him to play the first 45 minutes against Telford. He wasn't really in the game bar a couple of runs down our left and a few touches of the ball. It's more about gaining fitness at this stage of pre-season.

From the sounds of the match with Shrewsbury today, we just need to hope that no one goes off with a serious injury

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    From the sounds of the match with Shrewsbury today, we just need to hope that no one goes off with a serious injury
    Neves went off injured after a late challenge on him, the ref let a lot of challenges go. For Wolves, and especially those that haven't played in England yet, this was a bit of a wake up call type of friendly. A few challenges that were made in this friendly would easily have meant a yellow card being issued.

People will look at the scoreline and think Wolves didn't turn up, but in truth Wolves did have four decent goalscoring chances. Dicko clean through in the first half, Zyro with a good chance to pull one back, Saiss with a good free-kick and also an header that he put over the bar.

The two goals Wolves conceded could have been avoided, both good finishes, but Ruddy could have done better when making the first save, but saying that Wolves defending when the ball was in open play wasn't good.

My first impressions on seeing Wolves play 90+ minutes under Nuno are that he tries to get his side to play possession football. It's all about trying to keep the ball with players not afraid to go back if an opposition player is closing them down. The only thing is, Wolves never really had that much time on the ball in the central areas.

It will take time, it's quick and easy to judge, but for me, what really matters is the first league game on August 5th.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)