+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandwell vs Chelsea

Sandwell vs Chelsea

Would actually love them to do Chelsea over on Friday.
    Out the big boys it would be a refreshing change for a club like Spurs to win it, they play exciting attacking football and have a good English contingent.
    Sadly, Spurs have surely blown any chance with the defeat to West Ham and a sandwell win would only probably prolong the inevitable but again, it would be nice in my opinion.

Just seen, Chelsea have Watford after Friday's game.

Forget it

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Would actually love them to do Chelsea over on Friday.
    Out the big boys it would be a refreshing change for a club like Spurs to win it, they play exciting attacking football and have a good English contingent.
    Sadly, Spurs have surely blown any chance with the defeat to West Ham and a sandwell win would only probably prolong the inevitable but again, it would be nice in my opinion.

Just seen, Chelsea have Watford after Friday's game.

Forget it
    albion will need something out of the ordinary to turn Chelsea, i just don't see it happening. Spurs do indeed play very good football, but West Ham proved last Friday if you're in the faces of the opposition and stop them from playing, then you have a chance.

Unfortunately i didn't get to watch the Chelsea v Middlesbrough game as went to watch Wolves U23s v West Ham U23s. At work today a colleague said Chelsea could've scored quite a few more.

It's interesting to read that some sandwell fans are considering selling their tickets to Chelsea fans to make money. I think the same happened for Fergies last game.

Regarding the selling of tickets, that's what your typical gyppo will do.
    Then they will cry out about trouble in the ground....?
    Anyway, sandwell are claiming a brave, almost unlucky effort. Truth is Chelsea, if needed, could have moved up a couple of gears.

Oh well, football is money and money is football.

Pulis hired National Express Coaches and parked them in the home area trying to steal a draw. What was the point? Utter b0ll0x imo!

You would have thought that with nothing to play for they could have least put on a show for the fans, maybe even have a go at Chelsea. Absolutely nothing to lose.

Saying that, when you look at the teams Pulis puts out, excitement is the last word you could use.

Regarding the selling of tickets, that's what your typical gyppo will do.
    Then they will cry out about trouble in the ground....?
    Anyway, sandwell are claiming a brave, almost unlucky effort. Truth is Chelsea, if needed, could have moved up a couple of gears.

Oh well, football is money and money is football.
    The trouble is Newcy, it's not just the fans pulling the tickets up for sale, reading through a few sandwell town fans forums, the corporate areas also had Chelsea fans, this to me suggests that money comes before genuine football fans. i don't agree with fans putting their own tickets up for sale. The fan should contact the club and say they can't make the game and the club could then sell the ticket with an albion supporters history.

Give me a game like the one earlier between Man.City and Leicester than the one last night night. Chelsea were in control, bar a couple of counter-attacks from McClean. I thought he was garbage when he played for Wigan and last night, he may run a lot and try, but that's about it.

WBA just about sums up the Greed League. Their best season in quite a while. 8th place is pretty admirable. Trouble is, they are closer on points to relegation than they are to 7th place. And they are just as close to bottom of the league as they are an Europa league place. Club purgatory.

Newcy, have you ever heard or read about the so called 'one eyed' football fan? my description is this, he/she only sees wrong in others, but no matter what, they won't hear a bad word said about their own fans.

Have a read of the comments section in the link below, see what you think. I can give quite a few examples of them causing havoc at home and away games. Going back to selling tickets, there's plenty of ways, ebay, friends, word of mouth. There's also sites online such as Vivago. The fa cup tie against Liverpool was a prime example of clubs looking for more £££, if i couldn't manage to get one in with our supporters, i could easily have got accommodation and a matchday ticket for £99.

More Info Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Newcy, have you ever heard or read about the so called 'one eyed' football fan? my description is this, he/she only sees wrong in others, but no matter what, they won't hear a bad word said about their own fans.

Have a read of the comments section in the link below, see what you think. I can give quite a few examples of them causing havoc at home and away games. Going back to selling tickets, there's plenty of ways, ebay, friends, word of mouth. There's also sites online such as Vivago. The fa cup tie against Liverpool was a prime example of clubs looking for more £££, if i couldn't manage to get one in with our supporters, i could easily have got accommodation and a matchday ticket for £99.

More Info Click Here
    I get what you are saying.
    They have no one to blame but themselves for the trouble at the game.
    To read tickets going for £1700 is madness and for a "block" to be sold is surely premeditated.
    Regarding the comments, the idiot who compared Friday's debacle with the bricking of the Notts County coach and the horrific beating of the fan should remember both these incidents happened outside the ground and not necessarily committed by Wolves "fans".
    The trouble on Friday, the ripping up of seats and throwing them, the (recorded) letting off of extinguishers, all at Villa Park and nearly blinding one of your most loyal servants with a coin all happened inside the ground.
    We could go on forever but I suppose we all have them and going back to your highlighted comment, some chose to blame others or turn a blind eye to their own stupidity. It happens a few times on their forums also

I'm not actually using this subject as a dig but what happened on Friday was their doing, simple as.

I get what you are saying.
    They have no one to blame but themselves for the trouble at the game.
    To read tickets going for £1700 is madness and for a "block" to be sold is surely premeditated.
    Regarding the comments, the idiot who compared Friday's debacle with the bricking of the Notts County coach and the horrific beating of the fan should remember both these incidents happened outside the ground and not necessarily committed by Wolves "fans".
    The trouble on Friday, the ripping up of seats and throwing them, the (recorded) letting off of extinguishers, all at Villa Park and nearly blinding one of your most loyal servants with a coin all happened inside the ground.
    We could go on forever but I suppose we all have them and going back to your highlighted comment, some chose to blame others or turn a blind eye to their own stupidity. It happens a few times on their forums also

I'm not actually using this subject as a dig but what happened on Friday was their doing, simple as.
    Exactly, i was having a conversation about with a Villa fan at work today, i pointed out albion has a club must share some of the blame, selling off corporate seats to Chelsea fans, money talks. You can probably understand one or two Chelsea fans getting tickets in with albion supporters, but not blocks of seats. sandwell town need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)