+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motherwell Stay Up With 3-1 Win Over Kilmarnock

Motherwell Stay Up With 3-1 Win Over Kilmarnock

Goals from McHugh, Ainsworth and Frear opened the door for the 33rd straight season of top flight football at Fir Park with a 3-1 win over Kilmarnock. Woohoo!

http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt...76/index.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Goals from McHugh, Ainsworth and Frear opened the door for the 33rd straight season of top flight football at Fir Park with a 3-1 win over Kilmarnock. Woohoo!

http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt...76/index.shtml
    unusually for Motherwell result achieved relatively painlessly without too much drama.. very unlike us. Horrible Horrible season glad its over but credit to the players for handling two real big pressure matches. Big rebuild job required Robinson gets his chance to make its his own team now.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex View Post
    unusually for Motherwell result achieved relatively painlessly without too much drama.. very unlike us. Horrible Horrible season glad its over but credit to the players for handling two real big pressure matches. Big rebuild job required Robinson gets his chance to make its his own team now.
    Thats about it Stevie. A dodgy first half which could have gone either way but Robinson made a crucial change. In the second half we were the better team and played some football for a change.

However now we must rebuild for next season and sentimentality should play no part in that.

Next season is a big one for us i think. Hib's are coming back up and they have a decent side. Top six for them I'd think. Thistle have a decent bit of backing and St. Johnstone will be the same solid unit they have been for the last few year Depending on who the manager brings in it looks like another relegation struggle could be on the way. Looking at the body language of a lot of the players last night it looks like we will have a total overhaul of the playing squad for next year, not a bad thing. I just hope the manager is up to the job of piecing together a side that can keep us out of the struggles we had this season. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    Next season is a big one for us i think. Hib's are coming back up and they have a decent side. Top six for them I'd think. Thistle have a decent bit of backing and St. Johnstone will be the same solid unit they have been for the last few year Depending on who the manager brings in it looks like another relegation struggle could be on the way. Looking at the body language of a lot of the players last night it looks like we will have a total overhaul of the playing squad for next year, not a bad thing. I just hope the manager is up to the job of piecing together a side that can keep us out of the struggles we had this season. Time will tell.
    At least Robinson when there is a problem acts on it immediately instead of leaving things as they are,as was the case last night with young Ferguson, Remember how McGhee left Chalmers to be ran ragged in his last game against Dundee.Robinson at least deserves to have a team of his own type of players before he is judged by the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    At least Robinson when there is a problem acts on it immediately instead of leaving things as they are,as was the case last night with young Ferguson, Remember how McGhee left Chalmers to be ran ragged in his last game against Dundee.Robinson at least deserves to have a team of his own type of players before he is judged by the fans.
    The manager was decisive in dealing with a problem before it did any terminal damage. McCulloch recognised on the radio that the change had been effective. 'Horrible' is a good word for the season; not a lot to cheer on the pitch, a dog's breakfast of international breaks, date changes, mid-week fixtures in far - away places and the odd postponement meant that I never felt that I was in the continuity of a real football season. On the marginally - brighter side, last Saturday got us an extension to the opening hours of the Last Chance Saloon - what a job the 'Well fans did! - and we took advantage last night. Apart from the result, I was glad I was there because I think it was probably the last Fir Park appearance of Lasley, Hammell and, I'd guess, McDonald, all of whom put in many a good shift for the 'Well. Thanks, guys.

Apart from the result, I was glad I was there because I think it was probably the last Fir Park appearance of Lasley, Hammell and, I'd guess, McDonald, all of whom put in many a good shift for the 'Well. Thanks, guys.

Aye - was glad to be there too. The 3 guys you mention have been great players for us through the years. However, 'the King is dead; long live the King' springs to mind. All the best lads, but time to move on at both ends. How we do that as a club is not my problem ... I'm glad (?) to say.

Hammell is under contract for next year...he's still the best left-back at the club for now - which is currently being damned by faint praise - but hopefully by next season he's back-up rather than a starter.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)