+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Keane saga

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I am still uncertain how Keane thinks he will benefit by leaving Burnley?
    He'll double or treble his wages and play for a more succesful club, either in Europe or with the potential to be in Europe next season.

Keane will walk into the Everton team and 25 million is a good price . Southampton are playing games with Liverpool but who can blame them. Didn't Van Dijk sign a 5 year contract with them last season. The player is making distasteful noises( unlike Keane) so I would think Southampton will have to come back in price quite a bit.

Is Van Dijk worth twice Keane's fee? He is a better player on a much bigger contract. Maybe not twice but if Keane had 5 years left I think we could get 35 million for him.

Hope it does get settled next week .

I would think a disagreement over price is par for the course isn't it, certainly seems to be the case with us, whether we're buying or selling. Something will be sorted and he'll be an Everton player soon enough, then we can unleash our secret weapon on the PL... Tarko the magician, the best footballing centre-half in the PL 17/18 season. Bring it on.

Bit early to be on the sauce sinkov..?

Bit early to be on the sauce sinkov..?
    Do you ever watch Burnley BT ?

About a hundred games a season across the Burnley teams sinkov. Tarkowski has a lot to do to prove he is anywhere near Keane's performance level IMHO.

From his performances in the end of season games and having watched him with Eire, quite frankly I would happily start the season with Long and Mee in harness and I kid you not.

I presume we are now all prepared to accept that Keane is ready to depart Turf Moor imminently?

Tarkowski has a lot to do to prove he is anywhere near Keane's performance level IMHO.
    Keane has played more than a hundred games for us, including two seasons in the PL. Tarko has made just four PL starts so far, so we're not really comparing like with like. Of course Keane is the better player right now, but think back to when Keane had made just four starts for us, absolutely no one was raving about him back then. Imo Tarko looks a better prospect now than Keane did at the same stage, he's a much better ball-player/footballer, Dyche is even happy to play him in midfield, all he needs is game time and the experience that comes with it, and in two seasons time we'll have another £30m defender on our hands. Mark my words !!

Talk is he will be an Everton player before we report back for training next week. Any chance of a player exchange in the deal?

Tarka you would think would get first chance to play next to Mee. Who will be the signing to replace Keane. Will it be one of the names that have been mentioned in the last 12 months
    Lees? Roberts? Or will Dyche pull a gem out if the hat with all the transfer fees arriving
    Fingers crossed Gray is on his way !

Not convinced with Tarka's speed of thought but we will see.

It's ironic, all that wheeling and dealing over the years, trying to keep our heads above water, making a few thousand here, a few thousand there. And then when all our financial problems are behind us, and we have money coming out of our ears, we're making an absolutely ginormous profit on one player.

Money goes to money eh.

When United dropped out of the chase it became a one horse race but we have still cleared £18 million. Not at all bad and Keane gets a cool £140k a week contract. Win, win!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)