+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Keane saga

I am still uncertain how Keane thinks he will benefit by leaving Burnley?

Keanes price at £25m seems very low now Southampton have told Liverpool they will need to pay £70m to prise defender Virgil van Dijk, 25, away this summer. (Sunday Express)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I guess it's a bigger club, more chance of Europe, maybe he likes Koemans style, higher salary and still a permanent place in the team, which other offers don't seem to give him. If Lukaku goes not sure how good they will be next season though.

Keane will walk into the Everton team and 25 million is a good price . Southampton are playing games with Liverpool but who can blame them. Didn't Van Dijk sign a 5 year contract with them last season. The player is making distasteful noises( unlike Keane) so I would think Southampton will have to come back in price quite a bit.

Is Van Dijk worth twice Keane's fee? He is a better player on a much bigger contract. Maybe not twice but if Keane had 5 years left I think we could get 35 million for him.

Hope it does get settled next week .

He'll double or treble his wages and play for a more succesful club, either in Europe or with the potential to be in Europe next season.

Everything's about money with you sinkov!

Everything's about money with you sinkov!
    I could have sworn it was you always saying that. But as far as football and footballers are concerned it is always about money, as Sean never tires of telling us.

On a serious note, I wonder what our salary cap is now?

Talks are said to have entered an advanced stage between Burnley and Everton, however, and a move could be finalised before the end of the week.

We want £30M but they want him cheaper

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...clusive-Gossip

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)