+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Keane saga

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    It seems Manchester United have turned down Keane again and signed Lindelof instead.
    Star says Sun says ... a move is imminent to United, but not yet found the Sun article

No, Burnley have turned down Utds low offer, so understandably Garlick has said "no deal"
    SD staying I believe rests upon Tom, Gray and Keano all stay (unless an offer that SD cannot refuse) comes in. Either way, we hold the trump cards....

Everton looking at Calum Chambers as an alternative, so maybe they are getting the messag

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...-miss-13199122

There is absolutely no point in selling Keane for any less than £30 million and it looks to me like no-one is going to stump up that sort of dosh when the player is free in 12 months time.

With all my heart I wish he would simply take a massive wage hike and sign with us for another 4 years, with a guarantee that if anybody comes in with a cash offer of £35 million he can leave.

Burnley will sell Keane if he doesn't sign a new deal. They are not going to let their prize asset go for nothing. Having said that it is still not out of the question that Keane will sign a new Burnley contract. Unlikely, yes I would agree.

Keane wants first team football to improve his chances of getting in the England World Cup squad at the end of next season.

If Keane doesn't put pen to paper with us , the club will take less than it wants now.

Why do I think that ? For the reason why Dyche tells the media most of our deals come late in the transfer window. No point going in too early when transfer fees are higher. They drop the nearer we get to the end of the window.

[QUOTE=thedonz;38562673

No point going in too early when transfer fees are higher. They drop the nearer we get to the end of the window.[/QUOTE]

I’ll respectfully disagree with that statement. In the NHL (National Hockey League) or MLB (Major League Baseball), the price of a player………usually via trade, not purchase……. typically escalates as clubs tend to panic as deadlines approach and pay over the odds. I would think footy isn’t much different.

Enlighten me if I’m mistaken.

I think that is spot on exilecanada. We did just that with Brady.

This week in the Lancashire Telegraph I read Dyche talking about no one knowing which way the market is going to go as the window progresses. He did not rule out a ' calming' of the market as he called it.

He talked about money being no object to the rich clubs who can afford to go out now and pay big money . By inference the rest have to wait and see what happen.

Burnley will have put a big fee on Keane which they will have to revise in my opinion as the bigger clubs wait to take advantage of a small PL side selling a player with only 12 months left on his contract.

If the club get what they want now they will have done well and I think it will mean there has been no calming of the market.

Read the telegraph's report because I may have wrongly interpreted what Dyche said

I don't get the proposed Everton swap deal (plus a few bob) for a not very good, injury prone midfielder for one of the best young English centre halves around?

Burnley defender Michael Keane is hoping that a move to Everton materialises next week, according to the Daily Mail which has claimed on their website that the 24-year-old centre-back is hopeful of completing a £25million move to the Toffees with an eagerness to play regularly at his next club.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)