+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne on Blackstock's future

Warne on Blackstock's future

This one's destined to run and run - unlike Blackstock.

Have to say I really like how Warney talks to the media. Comes across as honest and thoughtful and not just speaking in cliches. You can disagree with what he says, but I do like his general approach. Gives me more confidence in him as a manager that he thinks about what he's doing and therefore more likely to improve.

Just covering the tracks for whoever sanctioned the Blackstock transfer. Biggest cheer I heard last season was when Blackstock was taken off in the Oxford cup defeat. You can't fool the fans. Blackstock is not wanted, nothing to bring to the table.

There's one big flaw in this assessment.

That is that Blackstock does actually want to play.

Why should he want to?

He gets paid anyway, paid very highly at that. A few appearance bonuses won't make any difference to him.

It was only like shopping for Christmas and starting at 12 noon on the 24th....

......You get what's left........with terms that are forced upon you.....and we needed numbers.....

The squad was decimated by NW and shopping for replacements started late.....Oh...and the guy with the shopping list ( Gee ) went off for the holidays.

All that and the manager takes the blame - one day everyone will realise that the mess was not of his making.....and he actually did a good job under dire circumstances....!

Bj, sounds like you have changed your tune and admit Blackstock is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    It was only like shopping for Christmas and starting at 12 noon on the 24th....

......You get what's left........with terms that are forced upon you.....and we needed numbers.....

The squad was decimated by NW and shopping for replacements started late.....Oh...and the guy with the shopping list ( Gee ) went off for the holidays.

All that and the manager takes the blame - one day everyone will realise that the mess was not of his making.....and he actually did a good job under dire circumstances....!
    Every single thread are you insane !!, Let it go no one cares about Stubbs now it's time we moved on

My thoughts on Blackstock have always been the same as any player....each one has certain "attributes" that gained their professional status and the various levels of success they have obtained..

These "attributes" are mainly hardwired into them....they can be modified but the core remains.

So ....

If they don't have a run in the team
    ( they'll never get match fit - sharp )

If the tactics don't suit the player....
    ( crosses for a migit centre forward )

If ( forwards ) don't get the right service...
    ( as above but - to feet or over the top )

There are many restrictions to seeing a player at his best....and we haven't done any of the above for Dexter.....let's hope PW watches some of the QPR - FOREST videos of him......and he was firing on all cylinders.....so PW understands what DB needs to maximise the benefits for Rotherham United.

He was well rehabilitated after his knee - went to USA and apparently worked hard to get back.

So - my comments related to the late shopping for players and the apparent cock ups that were the fault of the club - and the club alone. Yet Stubbs get the flack for all things pre-season faults which is rediculous.

Oi Thrybergh.....we were relegated and that will always be relevant....

Not least because - as someone above - is the article a "cut and paste" - because it reflects on both seasons....

We were discussing Jim McAnearney not long ago.....constantly comparing Mr Moor and his tenure.....Stubbs is very recent history and I believe if Stubbs had the unbelievable honeymoon that PW has had we would still be in the championship.

Just my opinion....

We have history of shooting good guys at Rotherham United....Alan Knill got the boot unjustly - he lost a few (quite a few)
    And that's what people remember....We'll I do see things a little differently and this is why..... a snippet from Alan's tenure:

"Knill made himself a Millmoor hero this term. Despite beginning the season with a 10 point deficit, Knill steered the club amazingly to 19th in the table.

A downturn of fortunes followed and Rotherham sold top players Will Hoskins and Lee Williamson to Watford.

They sold his best two players and we lost a good few games 1-0 or close contests.....where his best two players would have come in handy....BUT ALAN WAS SACKED.....NOT THE KNOB THAT SOLD THEM.

We needed the money - OK - but the chair new what he'd done to Alan yet still sacked him - with Robins waiting in the wings......Alan was loyal and Robins shot off to Barnsley......go figure !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast